Games Acquired 2024

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2024

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Raging Justice wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:37 pm Should I start collecting Evercade games? I wasn't super interested in the Evercade before, but I like that they focus on physical media. Also, it seems they are releasing a new and improved version of the system soon (EVERCADE VS-R). I see they have incorporated Switch style, handheld gaming too. The Evercade seems pretty cool. It looks like their games come in those old, Sega Genesis style cases. That's also pretty cool.
I gave some thought to getting the new VS model and starting, but the vast majority of the games are playable on other platforms, and I ended up deciding that it wasn't worth it for me with the lack of exclusives or severely hard to play games. Everyone I know who has one, though, absolutely loves it, both the handheld and the console version.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

January 2024:
Project Overkill (PS1)
Under Defeat (Dreamcast)
Bleach: The Blade of Fate (DS)
Killzone (PS2)
Gungrave (PS2)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
Red Dog (Dreamcast)
Killer Instinct Gold (N64)
February 2024:
Ring of Red (PS2)
Return Fire (PS1)
Cuphead (Switch)
Ren & Stimpy Show Presents Stimpy's Invention (Mega Drive)
Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep (Wii)
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Mega Drive)
Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii)
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (PS5)
March 2024:
Outrun (Mega Drive)
The Suffering (PS2)
Project Zero III: The Tormented (PS2)
Killzone 2 (PS3)
God of War 3 (PS3)
Hogs of War (PS1)
Need for Speed Underground 2 (PS2)
Grandia 2 (Dreamcast)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (SNES)
Prince of Persia The Lost Crown (Switch)
April 2024:
Legends of Wrestling II (Gamecube)
Showdown Legends of Wrestling (PS2)
Pokemon Snap (N64)
The Firemen (SNES)
Seaman (Dreamcast)
Darksiders II: The Deathinitive Edition (Switch)
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (PS5)
Stellar Blade (PS5)
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (PS3)
Heavenly Sword (PS3)
Simpsons Hit and Run (Gamecube)
Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2)
May 2024:
L.O.L. Lack of Love (Dreamcast)
Worms 4: Mayhem (PS2)
Driver San Francisco (PS3)
Rage (PS3)
Duke Nukem 64 (N64)
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ZRofel
24-bit

Post by ZRofel »

A buddy of mine is unloading most of his massive game collection and he let me come in first and pick through things. I ended up snagging:
  • Robo Aleste (Sega CD)
  • Android Assault (Sega CD)
  • Earnest Evans (Genesis)
  • Brain Dead 13 (Saturn)
  • Linkle Liver Story (JPN Saturn)
  • A Witch's Tale (DS)
  • Mega Man Star Force: Dragon (DS)
  • Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker x Saurian (DS)
  • Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace (DS)
  • Tokyo Beat Down (DS)
  • Silent Debuggers (TG-16)
  • No One Can Stop Mr. Domino (PSX)
  • Beyond the Beyond (PSX)
  • Project Horned Owl (PSX)
  • Elemental Gearbolt (PSX)
  • Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (PSX)
  • Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins (PSX)
  • Guardian's Crusade (PSX)
  • Chocobo's Dungeon 2 (PSX)
  • Future Cop: LAPD (PSX)
  • Gegege no Kitarō: Gyakushū! Yōkai Daichisen (JPN PSX)
  • Brigandine (PSX)
  • Omega Boost (PSX)
  • Dragon Valor (PSX)
  • Robo-Pit 2 (PSX)
  • Trap Gunner (PSX)
  • Granstream Saga (PSX)
  • R-Types (PSX)
  • Klaymen Klaymen (i.e. The Neverhood) (PSX)
  • Goemon: Shin Sedai Shūmei! (PSX)
  • A PC-Engine Memories set of repros and an Aldynes repro
This haul would normally go for thousands of dollars on the secondary market, but he let it go so, so cheaply since we're old friends. I'm genuinely thinking about going back and snagging some more stuff. Apologies for the first image looking so crappy. Not sure what happened there.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

ElkinFencer10 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:05 pm
Raging Justice wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:37 pm Should I start collecting Evercade games? I wasn't super interested in the Evercade before, but I like that they focus on physical media. Also, it seems they are releasing a new and improved version of the system soon (EVERCADE VS-R). I see they have incorporated Switch style, handheld gaming too. The Evercade seems pretty cool. It looks like their games come in those old, Sega Genesis style cases. That's also pretty cool.
I gave some thought to getting the new VS model and starting, but the vast majority of the games are playable on other platforms, and I ended up deciding that it wasn't worth it for me with the lack of exclusives or severely hard to play games. Everyone I know who has one, though, absolutely loves it, both the handheld and the console version.
The lack of exclusives is a bit of a downer, but I do sort of like the novelty of it. I'd pick one up if I could find it cheap.
ZRofel wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:06 pm Image

A buddy of mine is unloading most of his massive game collection and he let me come in first and pick through things. I ended up snagging:
  • Robo Aleste (Sega CD)
  • Android Assault (Sega CD)
  • Earnest Evans (Genesis)
  • Brain Dead 13 (Saturn)
  • Linkle Liver Story (JPN Saturn)
  • A Witch's Tale (DS)
  • Mega Man Star Force: Dragon (DS)
  • Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker x Saurian (DS)
  • Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace (DS)
  • Tokyo Beat Down (DS)
  • Silent Debuggers (TG-16)
  • No One Can Stop Mr. Domino (PSX)
  • Beyond the Beyond (PSX)
  • Project Horned Owl (PSX)
  • Elemental Gearbolt (PSX)
  • Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (PSX)
  • Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins (PSX)
  • Guardian's Crusade (PSX)
  • Chocobo's Dungeon 2 (PSX)
  • Future Cop: LAPD (PSX)
  • Gegege no Kitarō: Gyakushū! Yōkai Daichisen (JPN PSX)
  • Brigandine (PSX)
  • Omega Boost (PSX)
  • Dragon Valor (PSX)
  • Robo-Pit 2 (PSX)
  • Trap Gunner (PSX)
  • Granstream Saga (PSX)
  • R-Types (PSX)
  • Klaymen Klaymen (i.e. The Neverhood) (PSX)
  • Goemon: Shin Sedai Shūmei! (PSX)
  • A PC-Engine Memories set of repros and an Aldynes repro
This haul would normally go for thousands of dollars on the secondary market, but he let it go so, so cheaply since we're old friends. I'm genuinely thinking about going back and snagging some more stuff. Apologies for the first image looking so crappy. Not sure what happened there.
I always get a little jealous when someone knows or finds someone who is giving their stuff away :lol:

It's a bit depressing too though, like I often wonder if one day I'll just get sick of gaming and want to get rid of all of my stuff too

Nice haul, I have so many good memories with those Tenchu games, especially the second one
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

IIRC the Evercade has an exclusive remaster of the first two Duke Nukem games on the Duke Nukem Collection 1 cart. They mostly are just the original games in widescreen with redesigned HUDs.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

REPO Man wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:54 pm IIRC the Evercade has an exclusive remaster of the first two Duke Nukem games on the Duke Nukem Collection 1 cart. They mostly are just the original games in widescreen with redesigned HUDs.
Yeah but good luck finding a cart for a reasonable price. That one's out of production iirc.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Reprise wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:14 pm
prfsnl_gmr wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:41 am Let me know on the TMNT arcade game. I’m intrigued, but the reviews are mixed.
+1

My son is really into TMNT at the moment and loves Shredder's Revenge and Turtles in Time. He was looking forward to this one and wants me to pick it up so we have another TMNT game we can play through together.
It's...definitely an arcade game i.e. cheap as fuck. It feels old school in all the worst ways
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Yeah, Wrath of the Mutants sucks...especially after playing something like Shredder's Revenge

It's not even as good as Turtles in Time on the SNES. It plays a lot like that shitty Re-Shelled remake they did of Turtles in Time, the one with the weird diagonal attacks

Every thing I hate about old, arcade, beat 'em ups is here:

Tiny health bar
Your attacks being random (you might throw an enemy for a one hit kill...or just do a basic combo)
Health sponge boss which pretty much guarantees you lose at least one life before he's dead
Obnoxious minions who keep harassing you as you fight the boss
No upgrade systems
Tiny move set
Really finicky controls

Meh. The only cool thing are some of the power ups in the game, but you have no control over when you get them so not that helpful

There's environmental stuff to use against enemies, but they are never placed conveniently. Here's an explosive barrel, but by the time you move forward enough to trigger the next group of enemies the barrel is off screen

I wish they consolized this like Konami did with their home console ports of their arcade games i.e. cut back on all of the cheap shit so the game feels balanced. Wrath of the Mutants plays like your basic cheap, quarter muncher

To really put things into perspective, that new Shaq Fu game that came out a few years ago (A Legend Reborn), is more fun than this game is. So is Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle, I don't know why people hate that one
ZRofel
24-bit

Post by ZRofel »

Raging Justice wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:05 pm
I always get a little jealous when someone knows or finds someone who is giving their stuff away :lol:

It's a bit depressing too though, like I often wonder if one day I'll just get sick of gaming and want to get rid of all of my stuff too

Nice haul, I have so many good memories with those Tenchu games, especially the second one
Well, it wasn't exactly "given" away. I still dropped a few hundred bucks. But considering that's what some of these games go for alone, it did feel like I was given them on some level.

And my buddy isn't getting out of gaming, he's just trying to hone in on what's important to him. He runs a fairly popular but very laser-focused YouTube gaming channel, so he's been going through his collection and deciding what he does or doesn't really need anymore. Plus, he bought a Polymega recently, so he's been able to load most of his collection on that. And, as kind of a third point, his place is pretty small (and has gotten smaller as more and more games were brought in!) and he needs some quick cash to subsidize his channel, so there's a bit of a practical element. This is all to say it's not a sad story of a person giving up on gaming, just someone shifting gaming priorities a bit.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'll see if he'd be open to selling some of his stuff on here. I don't think he'll give you all as good of a deal as he gave me, but he might do some discounts in the interest of moving things quickly ;)
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

ZRofel wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:31 pm
Raging Justice wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:05 pm

Well, it wasn't exactly "given" away. I still dropped a few hundred bucks. But considering that's what some of these games go for alone, it did feel like I was given them on some level.

And my buddy isn't getting out of gaming, he's just trying to hone in on what's important to him. He runs a fairly popular but very laser-focused YouTube gaming channel, so he's been going through his collection and deciding what he does or doesn't really need anymore. Plus, he bought a Polymega recently, so he's been able to load most of his collection on that. And, as kind of a third point, his place is pretty small (and has gotten smaller as more and more games were brought in!) and he needs some quick cash to subsidize his channel, so there's a bit of a practical element. This is all to say it's not a sad story of a person giving up on gaming, just someone shifting gaming priorities a bit.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'll see if he'd be open to selling some of his stuff on here. I don't think he'll give you all as good of a deal as he gave me, but he might do some discounts in the interest of moving things quickly ;)
Ah, I see. I've been thinking of getting rid of certain things in my collection too, but my passion for gaming is as strong as ever. So I understand. Your gaming priorities just change over time