The Wrestling Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Reprise »

Wait... I completely forgot about those tournaments WWE did. Nice! I will check them out again.

It's funny. TKO does apparently want a more "real sport" feel to WWE, so I could see them doing them again.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

It feels like they're playing up this story as the Bucks turning on Hangman and Omega in favor of Okada.

I hate that Okada has to fight Kingston, but I guess it's good to get Kingston's titles on someone who isn't a worthless sack of shit. It's still not the hottest way to get things started with The Rainmaker though. Kingston does not equal money or ratings.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

The best in the world conversation has generally revolved around Ospreay, Omega, Danielson, and Okada. They're all in AEW right now. That's crazy.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

The Rock is killing it. The best we've gotten from Cody and Seth...is a diarrhea joke :roll:

and the lame cody/seth fans did a diarrhea chant last night. This is the current WWE fanbase :roll:

Rock's promo here is so good, he even addressed the technical issues Smackdown seemed to have two weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzRqBj-8M-s

"Fuck your story"
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I don't know if it's a generational thing, but it's crazy seeing the Rock make jokes about meth addicts and women wanting to fuck him, while doing social media videos telling Cody, "Fuck your story".

Meanwhile, Seth Rollins is coming back at The Rock with the equivalent of, "You're old and a poopy head".

The Rock feels like a throwback to when WWE was actually for adults.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Man, WWE doesn't believe in telling stories anymore. They perfectly set up Chad Gable to face Gunther at Mania...and then gave it to Sami Zayne instead. I guess that's Sami's consolation prize for having his story stolen away from him by fucking Cody Rhodes.

"Fuck your story Cody, and fuck your goofy ass dog" - The Rock

Cody has single handedly ruined Wrestlemania this year. It's having a domino effect on every thing else. The Intercontinental title match at Mania is disappointing now cause Sami got kicked out of his own storyline by Cody so he is now stealing Chad Gable's story. The Raw title match feels like a joke because Seth and Drew have had to take a backseat to the Cody/Roman feud. How the hell is Seth Rollins having a tag team match at Mania, when he is also supposed to defend his world title? That's so fucking stupid.

I literally hate Cody Rhodes right now. Fuck you Cody and fuck your crybaby fans. This is like the dark, fucked up, version of The Daniel Bryan phenomena from 2014. I actually WANT the company to hold Cody down and ignore his stupid fans.

Cody Rhodes is John Cena all over again. Another, lame as fuck, baby face who will probably be the face of the company for the next 5 years or so :roll:

Here's everyone so far who is suffering due to the Cody push:

Sami Zayne, and by extension, Chad Gable

Drew McIntyre

Seth Rollins

LA Knight - Who is the one person other than Sami that could have been in Cody's spot for Mania. He could have also had a match with The Rock

Kevin Owens - Bloodline story line derailed by Cody coming to WWE

Jey Uso - Bloodline story line also derailed by Cody coming to WWE

Judgment Day, who is doing fuck all lately when at least one of them could have been feuding with Cody if Cody wasn't so determined to be the face of the company and dethrone Roman. Damien Priest or Finn Balor vs Cody could have been a real Mania match, and it would have featured Cody actually feuding with PEOPLE FROM HIS OWN BRAND like LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE NOT NAMED CODY IS DOING. Nobody is even thinking about Damien Priest's Money in the Bank briefcase right now

The Rock - Being wasted in a stupid, pointless, tag team match just to get Cody over. The guy is doing killer promos right now and could have had a great singles match with someone. Honestly, I'd have taken him vs Roman over Cody vs Roman. It would have been a bigger deal to the casual/mainstream audience and had they just gone with this in the first place and never had Cody win the Royal Rumble there wouldn't have been a problem.

Paul Heyman - The trash garbage segments he's been forced to do to try and get Cody over and make it seem like there is a legit reason for Cody to be fighting The Bloodline.

With every passing week I see more and more why Cody got booed the fuck out of AEW. He just ruins everything. I hate Eddie fucking Kingston and the super man booking he's been getting lately where he's beating people far more talented than him (and in better shape), but at least AEW is not pushing him as the face of the company.

I had to get that out of my system.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I love the fact that one of the main reasons people sign with WWE is to Main Event Wrestlemania. CM Punk walked out of WWE because he never got that chance. It's like the pinnacle of being a WWE Superstar. It's the one thing every wrestle in WWE wants to do.

Granted, its now been diluted recently because of it being two nights. But, at least that gives people more opportunity to do it. More people can say they did that and be happy with the company that they work for. So, how are they going to do it this year?

Night 1 - The Rock & Roman Reigns Vs. Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins

Night 2 - Roman Reigns Vs. Cody Rhodes

There is no way that the Rock won't Main Even and the same with Roman. Instead of giving Drew Vs. Seth or Rhea Vs. Becky a chance, we get two nights of Roman crap.

I stopped watching WWE in 2015 because of Roman and I haven't looked back since then.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

WWE has this nasty habit of pushing one guy to the detriment of everyone else. It's their business model. They did it with John Cena, who buried multiple people throughout his career. They did it with Roman starting back around 2015. Now they are doing it with Cody Rhodes. Right now they don't care who suffers as long as Cody gets what he wants.

Actually, they did it with Triple H too. As a heel he buried TONS of people.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Markies wrote:Granted, its now been diluted recently because of it being two nights. But, at least that gives people more opportunity to do it. More people can say they did that and be happy with the company that they work for. So, how are they going to do it this year?

I really haven't been a fan of Mania being two nights tbh. And as far as I am concerned, whilst we are talking about main eventing Mania, main eventing night one doesn't count imo :lol: Everyone knows, the final match on night two is the 'true' main event.

Having two nights always results in them being compared and one coming across as lesser than the other one. Like last year's night two being far weaker than night one.

I get it though. It's smart from a business perspective, fans love having two nights, it makes it feel extra special and gives more talent more opportunities.

Markies wrote:There is no way that the Rock won't Main Even and the same with Roman. Instead of giving Drew Vs. Seth or Rhea Vs. Becky a chance, we get two nights of Roman crap.

I stopped watching WWE in 2015 because of Roman and I haven't looked back since then.

That said, this does suck. The main event of night one should be someone not in involved in night two. Could have been Bayley's match or Seth vs Drew. The tag match is dumb.

I stopped watching for the same reason. Wrestlemania 32 was pretty much the moment I stopped really watching. Since then, I tune in every now and again, pick it back up for a while and then drop it again. I usually watch between the build to the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania most years, but haven't this year. As far as I am concerned, WWE has been an utter mess this year, this past year, and it blows my mind that so much praised has been heaped upon them and many people calling it the best WWE has ever been. Raging kinda nailed it already, but they have derailed so many stories and pushes to make way for Cody... for Punk... Roman etc.

The Bloodline story has been a complete mess. People say it's the greatest story in pro wrestling history and that's just ridiculous. If it was a movie, it would be a nonsensical mess full of plot holes. People think just making something go on forever and doing swerve after swerve to artificially extend it makes it good.

This year's Mania build does nothing for me. How they are so hot, considering what a clusterfuck the stories are, is beyond me. Seth vs Drew should be a major story, but no, for some reason Seth is messing about with Cody, The Rock and Roman. The Rock turned heel, because... reasons. Because fans turned on the shit WWE were about to serve up. Cody is in the Bloodline story because, again, reasons... because WWE want him to be the next John Cena (although the guy is 38. Christ he wasted YEARS as a mid-carder. Let's be honest, he only has about 3 or 4 years left to be the face of the company)

Oh and let's not forget they dropped everything to insert Punk into the main event scene and then he injured himself in his first televised match.

What's odd, is WWE was so hot last year and AEW was so weak last year, that WWE kept boasting that they are all about building long term stories and sticking with their original plans, that they don't need old legends for cheap pops, yet they have basically derailed a ton of stuff and made the build to this year's Mania so messy, all because they wanted to shoehorn The Rock and CM Punk into their storylines.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

WWE is literally the exact same product it was when Vince was in charge. Nothing has changed under Triple H. The only difference is that he's giving the spotlight to certain people that Vince would not. That's literally the only difference. People that would be stuck in NXT under Vince are now on the main roster and we're not seeing the size fetish that Vince had. The creative and the booking still sucks though. The matches are mostly filler garbage and everything the company does has gone back to being super predictable. It's the same ole WWE. Whatever enthusiasm I had for the Triple H regime is gone.

A lot of people are pissed with the main event of Raw. Like most people, I think Chad Gable should have pinned Sami. WWE literally can't do anything right going into Mania this year. The sad thing is, it doesn't matter. The hardcore WWE fanboys (and girls) will still proclaim it to be the best Wrestlemania ever, no matter what happens. They have that core audience that loves whatever shit the company feeds them.

WWE literally has another Kurt Angle with Chad Gable, but they won't go all the way with him. LIke how fucking blessed can you be as a company to get Kurt 2.0 and then be so stupid as to continually waste him?
Last edited by Raging Justice on Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.