Games Acquired 2024

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2024

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:The Imperial Capital Burns - Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse (Steam)

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

[quote="ElkinFencer10"]Acquired in 2024 so far - 13 Games; 8 physical, 5 digital
(physical is in regular font, digital is in italics)

January (8 Games Acquired; 6 physical, 2 digital)
The Hundred Year Kingdom (Switch)
Persona 3 Portable (Switch)
Senren*Banka (Switch)
Akai Katana Shin (Switch)
Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope (Switch)
Outbreak Collection Part 2 (Switch)
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (Switch)
Silver Falls: Guardians and Metal Exterminators S (Switch)

February (5 Games Acquired; 2 physical, 3 digital)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (Switch)
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)
Alan Wake 2 (PC)
The Imperial Capital Burns - Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse (Steam)
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Xbox One)

New for February 12
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Xbox One)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...a bit late, but January was alright for adding some stuff to the collection. I was really hoping to find more at MAGFest (specifically a SNES), but it is what it is though and convention season is just getting started. It's really cool to finally have El Viento in the collection, the Switch games are things I've had my eye on for bit. I still wonder why Mr. Driller Encore wasn't released stateside though.

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I keep discovering interesting new Switch games every week and more are still being physically released even with rumors that it is on its last legs. The Switch may have one of the greatest libraries of all time.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

emwearz 2024 Pickups
Running Total: $32.25AUD / ~ $21.05USD
Mortal Kombat XL (PS4) - $5.00AUD / $3.29USD
Fable II (360) - $2.00AUD / $1.32USD via
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup (PS2) - $5.00AUD / $3.29USD
Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - $4.25AUD / $2.80USD
Wii Music (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65
Wii Play Motion (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65
Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65
Harry Potter (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65
Skater XL (PS4) -$12.00AUD / $7.83

*all ebay prices include postage

Wii Music (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65 via Thrift Store
Wii Play Motion (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65 via Thrift Store
Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65 via Thrift Store
Harry Potter (Wii) -$1.00AUD / $0.65 via Thrift Store
For a dollar a piece, all day long. They were with the DVD's, not with the other games. Always got to look!

I have been on the lookout for a cheap copy of Resort for awhile as it seems to be slightly creeping up for what it is. I have Half blood Prince on PS3, but I feel the Wii versions control different enough for $1 spend. :lol:

Skater XL (PS4) -$12.00AUD / $7.83 via eBay
I pretty much will pick up any extreme sports game, as even the worst ones entertain me for what they are. The controls of Skater XL can be a pain to get the hang of, but really rewarding when you do. In the same shift from Skate from TH series felt like a step towards capturing the frustration and reward of trying to nail a trick, Skater XL ups that feeling. However the content itself is not the most engaging.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Syndicate wrote:...a bit late, but January was alright for adding some stuff to the collection. I was really hoping to find more at MAGFest (specifically a SNES), but it is what it is though and convention season is just getting started. It's really cool to finally have El Viento in the collection, the Switch games are things I've had my eye on for bit. I still wonder why Mr. Driller Encore wasn't released stateside though.

Nice pick-ups for sure! Just curious, which retailer did you purchase El Viento and Sol-Deace from? I pre-ordered my copies from CastleMania and am still waiting for the items to ship out.

emwearz wrote:I have been on the lookout for a cheap copy of Resort for awhile as it seems to be slightly creeping up for what it is. I have Half blood Prince on PS3, but I feel the Wii versions control different enough for $1 spend. :lol:

I pretty much will pick up any extreme sports game, as even the worst ones entertain me for what they are. The controls of Skater XL can be a pain to get the hang of, but really rewarding when you do. In the same shift from Skate from TH series felt like a step towards capturing the frustration and reward of trying to nail a trick, Skater XL ups that feeling. However the content itself is not the most engaging.

Always enjoy checking out your thrifty finds. Lol. I played a lot of Wii Sports at friends' places, but I don't think I have ever played the Wii Sports Resorts mini games. Looks interesting!
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

It finally arrived and I'm a happy camper. I tend to go with standard releases when I collect, and generally avoid big box items like box sets, collector's editions, etc., but I had to get this box set in order to have ALL of the classic Mega Man games and ALL of the Mega Man X games on cartridge like God intended :lol:

Maybe one day when I get all of the Shantae games on the Switch (I have Pirate's Curse already), I can buy that Limited Run slip case for them and it can go on the shelf next to this.
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

Note wrote:Nice pick-ups for sure! Just curious, which retailer did you purchase El Viento and Sol-Deace from? I pre-ordered my copies from CastleMania and am still waiting for the items to ship out.

...ah, I got El Viento and Sol-Deace from Limited Run. The games arrived a few day before MAGFest.

Raging Justice wrote:It finally arrived and I'm a happy camper. I tend to go with standard releases when I collect, and generally avoid big box items like box sets, collector's editions, etc., but I had to get this box set in order to have ALL of the classic Mega Man games and ALL of the Mega Man X games on cartridge like God intended :lol:

Maybe one day when I get all of the Shantae games on the Switch (I have Pirate's Curse already), I can buy that Limited Run slip case for them and it can go on the shelf next to this.

...very cool, I had no idea this was even a thing.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Every game I purchased this year so far has been digital. And for PC.

A few of the titles I bought, either individually or part of a bundle, include:

* Friends vs Friends
* Puyo Puyo Champions
* Deus Ex: Human Revolution
* Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
* Blaster Master Zero
* Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
* Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun
* Star Wars: X-Wing Bundle
* Ziggurat 2
* Gunscape
* Intravenous
* Lamentum
* River City Girls
* Sparklite
* Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
* Conan Chop Chop
* Teslagrad Remastered
* Strikers Edge

I've been using GG.deals to track PC gaming prices across various storefronts, though I mainly stick to Steam and GOG, the former I get games either directly or via GamersGate, Fanatical, Indie Gala or Humble Bundle.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Raging Justice wrote:I keep discovering interesting new Switch games every week and more are still being physically released even with rumors that it is on its last legs. The Switch may have one of the greatest libraries of all time.

Nintendo rumors are worthless. They're a dime a dozen and wrong 75% of the time. The Switch won't get replaced until at least 2025 or I'm an ignorant slut.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.