Cancer and reproductive harm - p65warnings.ca.gov

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
marurun

Re: Cancer and reproductive harm - p65warnings.ca.gov

Post by marurun »

Ziggy587 wrote:No, I prefer to live in denial. What I don't know can't hurt me!

Tell that to the Lego caltrops my kid leaves for me when I forget to ask him to pick up after playing. My feet!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

So I ordered a copy of Wonder off of amazon and received it yesterday. It looks great on my shelf!

Thanks for the input guys. I'm not gonna worry too much about that warning. Super Mario Bros. Wonder has got me wanting to start collecting a few physical switch games. I've even found some useful resources online showing lists of the various cartridge revisions released on the system so I can try and buy physical games that have all of the updates and DLC on them whenever possible.

Love the Switch! I might get an OLED model this Christmas. Though I wonder if I should just wait until they release the new model, or the Switch 2, whatever it is that Nintendo is planning.

I also have a hacked Switch that is fun to mess around with it.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

marurun wrote:This isn't the best explanation, but it isn't loaded with politics or or jokes. Basically, common plasticizers can potentially be harmful, but since you're unlikely to eat your Switch case or use it as a plate or a cup you have very little to worry about.

https://www.svg.com/620625/why-some-of- ... r-warning/

Damn it, those cases are so tasty though!
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marurun

Post by marurun »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
marurun wrote:This isn't the best explanation, but it isn't loaded with politics or or jokes. Basically, common plasticizers can potentially be harmful, but since you're unlikely to eat your Switch case or use it as a plate or a cup you have very little to worry about.

https://www.svg.com/620625/why-some-of- ... r-warning/

Damn it, those cases are so tasty though!

I've heard the cartridges not so much, though.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Switch cartridges, I can't say.

Now Nintendo 64 carts, those have some real flavor! As a very frustrated Ack may have learned while leaving teeth marks in his copy of Super Mario 64...
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I've heard of people throwing controllers when frustrated but not biting cartridges! That's a new one!
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

They actually coat the cartridges in bitterant because people are always trying to eat them.
Nintendo Rep:
“To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (denatonium benzoate) has also been applied to the game card.” This bittering agent “is non-toxic”"
Denatonium benzoate is the most bitter chemical compound known, commonly used as an aversion agent to prevent accidental ingestion, which is why the Switch cards are coated in it. It's also used in animal repellent, shampoos, soaps and nail-biting prevention.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage