Your Unpopular TV/Film opinions.

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Segata
Next-Gen

Your Unpopular TV/Film opinions.

Post by Segata »

Why not have this topic? If it works for games can work here. So shoot.

==================================================================

While Star Trek TNG is my fave TV show of all time. I like seasons 1-2 the best. Sure it was more rough but I liked that they were not afraid to explore more of the ship in sets before getting comfortable in later seasons and only showing the same few locations. I also like how they used holographic displays in the early seasons. I like that the characters were still unfamiliar with one another. One of my fave episodes is the last episode of season 1. I won't say they are the best but easily my fave seasons.
Last edited by Segata on Thu May 18, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: You Unpopular TV/Film opinions.

Post by strangenova »

Whoa that is unpopular :lol: I like season 2 more than season 7 overall though. Season 7 only had like 3 or 4 great episodes and a lot trash ones.

I don't know if it's unpopular here, but at work it is, I don't like Breaking Bad. I think the premise is terrible and it's just uninteresting to me.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I don't give a damn about super hero TV shows or movies, and I'm tired of seeing a hundred of them a year.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Exhuminator wrote:I don't give a damn about super hero TV shows or movies, and I'm tired of seeing a hundred of them a year.

I liked the idea of Powerless (a bunch of normal office workers who work for the dark sheep of the extended Wayne family in a lower-grade major city in the US. Think Buffalo), but it never quite gelled. Still, as a riff on the superhero TV show, I enjoyed it. Too bad it didn't even get one full season.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Exhuminator wrote:I don't give a damn about super hero TV shows or movies, and I'm tired of seeing a hundred of them a year.

who is forcing you to see hundreds of them a year?

Or are you just saying that you're upset that something that you don't like exists?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Your Unpopular TV/Film opinions.

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I have not enjoyed game of thrones. I read the first 3 books and ended mid fourth. It just isn't clicking with me. I watched the first season and ended mid 2nd season and I feel like the books are what kept me from enjoying it. I can't really pinpoint it for the show, but it just doesn't attract me. I'm not saying it is bad or that people shouldn't like it. Just never kept my interest.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I don't like stuff like Lost and Fringe and the mythology episodes of X-Files, because they hint at all this stuff the writers probably haven't actually all thought out, yet. If you're gonna give me a mystery if needs to have a path and an answer, even if you don't fully reveal the answer to me. And don't give me like 15 mysteries, cause that's too many.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

In TV & Film: Sick of sequels, reboots, franchises, remakes, mash-ups, tie-ins, cross-overs, "universes", etc. Tired of the same basic ideas recycled in the same few genres over and again, same boring tropish plots, etc.
Ack

Post by Ack »

marurun wrote: and the mythology episodes of X-Files, because they hint at all this stuff the writers probably haven't actually all thought out, yet.

Hahaha, yeah, it's so obvious they didn't plan that sprawling mess out. I absolutely adore the X-Files, even many of the mythos episodes in the first few seasons, but no way was that ever really thought through.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

dsheinem wrote:In TV & Film: Sick of sequels, reboots, franchises, remakes, mash-ups, tie-ins, cross-overs, "universes", etc. Tired of the same basic ideas recycled in the same few genres over and again, same boring tropish plots, etc.

I think this is a fairly common opinion. One I share.