Dreamcast makes Dreams come true even after 18 years

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Dreamcast makes Dreams come true even after 18 years

Post by Segata »

You raise a good point but to be fair. The average consumer is not buying Dreamcast games at this point. I do agree for repros should be marked a repro. I don't have a issue with a repro for unreleased or insanely expensive games as long as it's marked that way.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

IT IS NOT MARKED REPRO ANYWHERE. Happening to to not have a small printing on the disc ring does not count as marking it.

--
Edit 1: Happy you agree with that. Average consumer means any one buying items on ebay here. A girlfriend searching for her boyfriend, etc.
--

Yeahhhh. Eff this guy. Reading back he was reprinting Rainbow Cotton, a very expensive retail import.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41609&start=2120

Now mysteriously a "nearly new" copy (same title he uses on his auctions) comes up for $130. Someone relisting his game? Seems to be a manual. Maybe reused the case and disc? Who knows. One seller is in St Louis, another NY. Not the same guy I guess but EXACTLY what I was talking about... re-entering the market. Something we have to worry about now due to this guy.

Edit 2: Added image
Last edited by Jagosaurus on Fri May 12, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I didn't say there were dude. I said AS LONG AS IT'S MARKED. Also get out of my topic please. You derailed enough. Don't spoil this.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Segata wrote:I didn't say there were dude. I said AS LONG AS IT'S MARKED. Also get out of my topic please. You derailed enough. Don't spoil this.

You typed this as I putting in edit 1 above :P
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I don't care anymore please go away. I just wanted to express how something made me finally happy and completed my most wanted dream in all of gaming. You want to rant about ebay sellers please make your own topic. Just please keep it out of here.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Segata wrote:I don't care anymore please go away. I just wanted to express how something made me finally happy and completed my most wanted dream in all of gaming. You want to rant about ebay sellers please make your own topic. Just please keep it out of here.

I was genuine when I said I was excited for you regarding this game. I also bought a Dreamcast on launch & was sad to see it end early and so many games shelved. I'm also a huge advocate for video game preservation. I'll likely DL an image of this game for future use.

That aside, you started a thread about buying from a seller several of us have issues with here. Not just on the RB forum but within the community as a whole. I happened to run across this guy on my own, saw posts here about him, & a podcast that gets 25K+ listeners highlighted his practices to ensure their audience avoided him. If you think we're being tough, you haven't ventured onto the internet much. We're a pretty calm bunch for the most part, me included. That's why I gravitate here.

Happy for you. I vote with my wallet and won't support this seller. If anyone mentions buying from him in the future I'll continue to educate other community members. It is not a personal attack on you in any way.

Edit: grammar, on mobile