More PS2 Reprints, Yakuza 1-2

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Xeogred
Next-Gen

More PS2 Reprints, Yakuza 1-2

Post by Xeogred »

I thought we had a reprints thread, but I can't find it.

Yakuza 1-2, and 3-4 are getting reprints. Seems that Yakuza 0 has done very well for the series. 8)

http://segabits.com/blog/2017/02/10/rar ... -2-titles/

Maybe Sega will consider a physical release for 5 at this rate.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: More PS2 Reprints, Yakuza 1-2

Post by Fragems »

Sweet glad to see them get reprints was lucky enough to get them both for around $20ish awhile back before that crazy price spike :P. Glad to see PS2 games getting a reprint now if only Bandai would reprint .Hack Quarantine so I can finally finish my set :lol: .
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Some of the other recent ones I remember over the last few years would be the Fatal Frame games and Shin Megumi Tensei. Those were all only $20 though. Sega going for $50 here with these... I'll wait and see if they drop, but I'm excited to have a better shot at getting Yakuza 2 now (I might pass on 1 since it's dub only and we're getting the remake this summer).
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Xeogred wrote:Some of the other recent ones I remember over the last few years would be the Fatal Frame games and Shin Megumi Tensei. Those were all only $20 though. Sega going for $50 here with these... I'll wait and see if they drop, but I'm excited to have a better shot at getting Yakuza 2 now (I might pass on 1 since it's dub only and we're getting the remake this summer).

WE'RE GETTING THE 1&2 HD REMAKE??? WHUHH?!
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Some of the other recent ones I remember over the last few years would be the Fatal Frame games and Shin Megumi Tensei. Those were all only $20 though. Sega going for $50 here with these... I'll wait and see if they drop, but I'm excited to have a better shot at getting Yakuza 2 now (I might pass on 1 since it's dub only and we're getting the remake this summer).

No, if you're talking about the PS3 remasters we're not getting those.

But 1 got a FULL remake that's coming to the PS4 this summer. Yakuza Kiwami:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtiixXPHbUY

There are rumors about 2 getting the same treatment.

At least, I think this remake is different than the HD remasters 1-2 got?

Sega announced we were getting 0, Kiwami, and 6. I think 0 lit a fire and the series is finally getting a lot of deserved love and more exposure over here.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Xeogred wrote:IMaybe Sega will consider a physical release for 5 at this rate.

I'd pay $50 for that.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Xeogred wrote:
PartridgeSenpai wrote:

No, if you're talking about the PS3 remasters we're not getting those.

Okay, cool. So I can still not feel silly about importing that for now :P
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I think Sega has recently hinted they are making more than what's already announced, maybe redo the rest of the series? Not sure if it was in Yakuza 0, on their site or survey I saw something cleverly implying so?

Also I've never seen a prequel done so well before like Yakuza 0, perfect for newcomers and great enough to not turn off the longtime fans it's actually up there for one of my favorites of all time.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

This should probably just be the general Yakuza thread. 8)

Yeah 0 sounds incredible and one of my friends who's a long time fan was shocked to see it get so much coverage on social media, the big websites, and everything. I'm usually a release date order kind of guy, but 0 does sound like the perfect jumping in point for new fans.

I've played 3 and 4 so far. 3 was an extremely awkward jumping in point and took awhile to grab me, but I walked away liking it. 4 on the other hand I just beat recently and it blew me away, beat it in like a week. I plan to hit up 0 next and can't wait to keep diving in.

Hopefully Sega plays it smart for once and strikes while it's hot. I think they could easily do some compilation releases of the series or port a collection over to the PS4 or something. If the rumors of 2 being remade aren't true, they could still easily give us the HD remaster. Seems like an easy way to get it all out there now.

I've heard Dead Souls sucks but the other two samurai games are really good. Wonder if we'd ever get those though. Overall it really sounds like this is Japan's GTA and does very well over there, it's kind of crazy for such a huge series of this style to keep going... so I'm assuming it does really well there, think I hear it gets perfect Famitsu scores and such haha.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Thinking of grabbing 2 again, I bought it some years ago for $25 which I though was high, but the game was great. I sold it to a friend for $20 and had recently seen that copies were going up in the $100 range!
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248