Killed My Xbox

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
SamFisher440

Killed My Xbox

Post by SamFisher440 »

I was wondering if there was any way of saving it.

I had installed Unleashx and later on installed other apps. Dvd2xbox, Linksboks, XBMC and a couple others. I had gotten the latest version of Xbmc pimped and loaded it under Unleashx. I figured I would copy Half Life 2 to the HD to speed up the load times. Ive done this before, no problem, but deleted it to see if I could upload a different game. I loaded Dvd2xbox from Xbmc. I copied the disc, one error found. It retried and it went through. I took out the disc and shut off the xbox. Turned it back on and the Unleashx screen appears, the very beginning one, and keeps popping up and it continues to repeat. I don't know what the hell happened.

Luckily I wrote down the HDD lock code. I don't know what to do now, not sure how to use the HD with a computer. I have read a few different ways in the past, but never tried them. And if I do unlock it, and fix the problem, can I relock the HD?

Any help is appreciated.

-Additional Notes-

Half Life 2 disc wouldnt load. I can still load up Splinter Cell though, luckily. Thought that a disc wouldn't load at all. I still have linux installer on my HD. Im gonna see what I can do from there.
Droid party
Next-Gen

Re: Killed My Xbox

Post by Droid party »

These guys are gonna be much more use than us. http://www.xboxscene.com/ Try the forums there.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
SamFisher440

Post by SamFisher440 »

I fixed it, sorta. I loaded the Linux installer and uninstalled Unleashx. I rebooted with EvoX. It works. Halflife 2 copied to the HD twice, thats odd. Ill see what xbox scene has to say about the Unleashx problem.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Moral of the story, don't run applications from XBMC. I've got a feeling that was the problem rather than unleashX. Instead of running an application then running another application. Just run dvd2xbox straight from the dashboard.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

iirc, if you boot up the xbox with out the dvd rom pin connected it unlocks the hdd.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
alexis524
128-bit

Post by alexis524 »

i had the same problem. the UNleashX boot screen kept looping. Good news is that your xbox isn't fried, just reinstall unleashX. search for slayer's install disk if you haven't already.
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

Niode wrote:Moral of the story, don't run applications from XBMC. I've got a feeling that was the problem rather than unleashX. Instead of running an application then running another application. Just run dvd2xbox straight from the dashboard.

Running the softmod was the solution, it has happened to several xbox I've modded for other people guess they tend to do things they're not suppose to. You're recommendation is way off, XBMC is my dashboard and has been for years so dvd2xbox, other apps, emulators and games run fine and give no problems.

The Xbox can't handle 2 apps running at a time, when you are running one it kills the other one and when you exit it just runs the other app's executable. That's why you can't use something like xlink kai to play online running like a background app while playing a game.

I do recommend you transfer you're games via ftp with c-xbox tool, its easy, faster and you're lens will thank you for it.
Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.