World is Falling Apart Thread (Locked forever)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: World is Falling Apart Thread (Be nice;stop changing tit

Post by Sarge »

So basically, it's unconfirmed, but they wanted to make Trump aware that they may (or may not) have dirt on him. That's what I get from the CNN story, anyway.

To outright state that it is true is irresponsible, just as it would be irresponsible for me to claim that none of it can be true. None of us know, and even the intelligence communities don't know how much of it is true.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I mean it really sounds out there, and the fetish piece is really what makes it incredulous, but could be true.

Some folks are claiming 4chan is behind it and duped the media. CNN will have to provide some evidence in order to substantiate it.

If it is true and he's been working with the Russians for as long as the document says he has, then he's been corroborating, they have leverage and he's caved and we're venturing into treasonous territory. This seems borderline insane and I hope for everyone's sake this isn't true. Everyone will posit this is backlash from Trump's dismissiveness of the intel community.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... tions.html (not verified to be linked to the CNN article)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, it feels pretty out there. But no question, if the treason part is true, the man has to go. It would be a bit funny if it was 4chan trolling, though.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Just frickin' lovely.

Now I definitely won't be able to talk politics until 2020.

So... if this is true, we get Paul Ryan? I haven't read the actual info, but many things I've read suggest Pence could be considered an... accessory? to this.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

This stuff has been floating around for a while. I wouldn't worry until something is proven, then we can cross that bridge. Throwing Pence in makes it sound very far-fetched, though.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Sad that once again Mainstream Media puts out fake news when not verified in order to create sensationalism for their ratings. Throughout the news feed video, CNN had a discalimer Title bar "Intel chiefs presented Trump with CLAIMS of Russian efforts to compromise him". Oh come on, its bad to slander with outlandish rumors, that belongs in the National Inquirer at the grocery stand.

I'll stick to Fox and a local Independent channel for real news instead of the canned feeds to the major networks. Ever notice ABC, CBS and NBC evening news have the exact same stories with same dialog? Though I will watch CNN tonight for the Town Hall Meeting with Paul Ryan. Gee I wonder if just like the Campaign Debates; the questions will be prestaged from the DNC to the audience? :?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/

Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him

(CNN) - Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The allegations were presented in a two-page synopsis that was appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The allegations came, in part, from memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative, whose past work US intelligence officials consider credible. The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.

:arrow: How many times disclaimers are used above you idiot CNN irresponsible journalists! That is just in the first two paragraphs. :!:

"On Election Night, I Never Saw You So Unhappy" - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... happy.html

RICK SANTELLI, CNBC: I think that what's going on here is really so politically driven. It doesn't matter who did what when. Working with Russia, we worked with Iran. Are they our friends? You have to take each situation uniquely. Listen, the president-elect has a boatload of issues. I agree with the pull of his ego. But I think that the media in general is just being quite unfair here.

CHUCK TODD: Wait, why is the media an issue? This is the intelligence community.

RICK SANTELLI: Okay, it's intelligence. Where was all of this when the D.N.C. was hacked in June? See, this wasn't made an issue. Because it would have put the emails and Hillary's server right in the middle in the thick of it. That's why this went under the radar screen. People in charge of intelligence are political as well here.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/

Russia just said the unverified report paid for by political opponents is "A COMPLETE AND TOTAL FABRICATION, UTTER NONSENSE." Very unfair! Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING! I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state! Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Ack

Post by Ack »

Actually I did watch CBS this morning, and they flat out stated that they could not verify any of the information themselves and therefore wouldn't report on it until it could either be confirmed or denied.

Then they played a clip of Conan O'Brien doing a monologue joke that whatever info the Russians had on Trump is "everything we already knew."
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Ack wrote:Actually I did watch CBS this morning, and they flat out stated that they could not verify any of the information themselves and therefore wouldn't report on it until it could either be confirmed or denied.

Then they played a clip of Conan O'Brien doing a monologue joke that whatever info the Russians had on Trump is "everything we already knew."

:lol: Good for CBS for responsible journalism and Conan cracking the joke. Trump does have the reputation.

Trump holding a News Conference this morning. Hopefully the Media will ask important questions and not waste time on the fake news allegations. If the Media is smart, they will make good use of the limited time on the uncommon Trump News Conference. :?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

In all honesty, why should anyone give a fuck? This shit is ridiculous. Bill Clinton supposedly had a thing for cigars, remember?

This really is the 80s all over again. Russia is the BIG SCARY BAD, except now it's the left pushing it instead of the right.

I think I'm going to go do my multi-step morning routine, find some blow, and start chainsawing hookers.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I think this is a good time to remind people that, if they have not already done so, they should watch The Manchurian Candidate (1962). (Watch the 1962 original; skip the remake.) It is an excellent film, and I highly recommend it.

As hard as it is to believe, Angela Lansbury is terrifying in that movie!

Also, I am very skeptical of the allegations leveled against Donald Trump. It will be interesting to see what comes out of them, however.