Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Is Gamestop Evil? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

by samsonlonghair Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:07 am

Fragems wrote:Gamestop has Buy 2 Get 1 on Wii games currently started yesterday and goes through the 23rd.

Thanks for the heads up, Fragems.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:37 pm

I went to gameplop today to try to get in on that B2G1 sale. There wasn't a single game I would want to buy there. I'll check a different gameplop tomorrow.

I did notice that they have started to throw away wii game cases for games that cost less than $5. They just sell those games in a sleeve now. I'm not surprised by this development. I think we all saw it coming.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:19 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:I did notice that they have started to throw away wii game cases for games that cost less than $5. They just sell those games in a sleeve now. I'm not surprised by this development. I think we all saw it coming.

I'm glad I bought most of the cheaper ones I'd want a few months ago then. Scaryful development :/
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:13 pm

My area hasn't started doing that yet. Think the management up in the Ashland free standing store actually has some brains they even keep some DS games in their original case.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:49 am

Hey Racketeers,

I rolled into Gamestop for the first time in a while. I didn't find the item I actually wanted to buy, but I did find this:
Gamestop apparently doesn't have a SKU for used Pokken controllers, so it gets labeled a wii classic controller. I'd call this a decent savings, so I bought this one. I plugged it into my PC, and now I have a really nice controller for SNES emulators. I fired up ZSNES and played a round of Super Castlevania IV. This Pokken controller has really solid build quality. I don't say this lightly: This controller is possibly superior to the real SNES controller.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:02 am

The Pokken controller is definitely the better than any controller pre-Dreamcast in my opinion. It's really a superb little piece.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:14 pm

That looks pretty solid I may have to keep an eye out at that price as I am stuck wtih a 360 knockoff controller I can not say I am a huge fan of but it does have the analogs that one lacks. For 2D gaming that would be excellent, that or I guess a SNES buffalo USB would work too.

They do for 3DS fans sell those formerly kind of pricey for what they are 3DS docking tray from Nintendo for just 99 cents which is handy too. I have not seen the 3ds xl/new xl one though so I have no idea if it is the same on that or not.

Being in there just yesterday saw some more quality CIB DS games too, so the chain really is hit and miss on who sucks and throws out packaging and not.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:11 am

samsonlonghair wrote:Gamestop apparently doesn't have a SKU for used Pokken controllers, so it gets labeled a Wii classic controller <$17.99/$16.19>. I'd call this a decent savings, so I bought this one. I plugged it into my PC, and now I have a really nice controller for SNES emulators. I fired up ZSNES and played a round of Super Castlevania IV. This Pokken controller has really solid build quality.

I don't say this lightly: This controller is possibly superior to the real SNES controller.

Thanks for the heads up! A search online shows just under twenty dollars, but then throw in a few more bucks for shipping. However, Frys has a deal on new in box I saw a few days ago and was planning to drive out this morning. Turns out that the low price expires in just one more day and the price only valid online. Placed an order for store pickup, heading out there later. :D

Since the Hori Pokken Pad has been produced in limited quantities, get it while readily available! Crazy that Nintendo would sanction this controller for just one WiiU game, nice that it is 100% compatible on the PC. Not only for SNES emulation, but for games such as PC Limbo Limited Edition. The Pokken Pad looks like a nice alternative over an Arcade Stick and certainly better then the keyboard.

http://www.frys.com/product/8711581

Hori Pokken Tournament Pro Pad Limited Edition Wired USB Controller

Price: $14.99 - Limit 1 per Household :shock:
(when purchased between 10/16/2016 and 10/22/2016) :!:

Free Store Pickup <3 nearby stores available>

ImageImage

Joy2Key works wonders on any USB Controller. :idea:

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:47 am

Youre seriously baiting me with a price like that even if I havea 360 controller as its a better nintendo dpad and button layout. Would be excellent for any 2D stuff emulation and so on.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:49 am

Tanooki wrote:Youre seriously baiting me with a price like that even if I havea 360 controller as its a better nintendo dpad and button layout. Would be excellent for any 2D stuff emulation and so on.

Snag one, bro. That Pokken controller is probably the best controller for 2D games period.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Return to General Gaming