Hyper NeoGeo 64 Question

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Hyper NeoGeo 64 Question

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Is does the Hyper NeoGeo 64 use a standard JAMMA hookup? I've got a 4 slot MVS cabinet with an MVS-to-JAMMA converter (I use a 1 slot board), but I've got an offer on a Hyper NeoGeo 64 fighting board with all four games for $375. Can I run that it in my cabinet, or do I need a different wiring? I don't know enough about the HNG64 to feel confident without asking advice first.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Re: Hyper NeoGeo 64 Question

Post by JoeAwesome »

IIRC, it's similar to JAMMA, but not quite, and different motherboards are required for different games. Some can use one; others like the racing games need a different one, and the two are not interchangeable.

I don't have a system, however, and I've never used one, but this is some info I've found. I'd ask mjmjr if he's had any experience with it, or check out this link from N-G.com.

Looks like it'll fit with your setup if it's a rev. 2 board, but not rev. 1.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I just sent him a PM, thanks. I forgot he's a big NG guy.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Ooooookkkaaaaaayyy so I got my Hyper Neo Geo 64 in the mail today, and I plugged it into my JAMMA harness, and it works great except for two things.

1. The character models seem to have a slight issue where there are faint white lines running horizontally across them. It looks almost like scanlines on steroids. Not sure if that's a problem with a connection or the board itself.

2. I get no sound whatsoever. I was under the impression that with the Rev 1 board (which I have), I would get sound not from the cab speakers but from the board. Anyone know if I'm mistaken on that or if there's a way I can get sound?