Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
flash1987
24-bit

Re: Games NOT Beaten: 2016

by flash1987 Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Super Double Dragon. - chosen for as quick play though with a friend, got to the end of level 7 but all out of continues. We got hit by some bullshit off screen knife throws a fair few times in levels 6 and 7 and they take over half of your life leading to us running out of continues before the end. A disappointing loss as it was a real fun play through and over the first half it seemed inevitable we'd make it to the end.
flash1987
24-bit

by flash1987 Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:56 pm

Just did the same with Turtles in time. Super easy game except for the bullshit sewer surfing and one boss, Slash. Both of these sections took an entire credit each for both of us. We had both literally gotten to the sewer level untouched... then 3 lives straight down the drain.
I was somewhat disappointed as I remember the game being very fun but the massive inconsistencies in difficulty between footsoldiers and a few bosses compared to the surfing level and maybe 2 other bosses was ridiculous.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Fucking Starfox Guard, man. It's a great game, don't get me wrong. But I'm SO terrible at tower defense, so this game is balls hard for me. I'm on the last regular level, and it just can't fucking beat it. I've also heard that the final boss is just fucking ridiculously hard, so that's about a two liter bottle of nopesauce. This one's not getting beaten.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Gears of War (360)

Man, this game was looking to be pretty good, but it really hits Boarderlands 2-syndrome in the end of the 4th into the entire last chapter. There are certain segments that are clearly designed to be played optimally in a co-op setting. Without a human partner, they require either absurd luck with either your partner AI or enemy AI. Specifically grevious is the turret section on the train and the final boss. I imagine the final boss is a very fun challenge with two people, with one to lure him and one to operate the turret at the back, but holy shit, he is damn near impossible to beat by yourself.

On a story note, the universe seems kinda neat, so I wish the game took its narrative more seriously. I mean, it'd be one thing if you were just thrown in and had to figure things out just listening in on Marcus' point of view, but they don't even give you that. Very often you're kept out of the mission briefing and thrown right into the action with little to no explanation of why you're there or what you're even doing. If it weren't for the general linearity of the levels, it'd be really easy to just lose track of what you're doing with how vague your step-by-step objectives are.

Conclusion: Ultimately disappointing. This was a game I really wanted to like, with the cool sci-fi setting, silly writing, and solid shooting and cover mechanics, but the level and boss design just really killed it for me beyond redemption :cry:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Hahahah, oh mama mia... now go play Vanquish to wash that away. :wink: :lol:

Gears of War was never really good to me, and is only downhill from the first.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:41 am

Gonna pop the Game of Thrones game in here. Not the Telltale series but the 2012 action RPG. Was hoping it'd be something of a hidden gem but it's just a cheap and inconsistent blend of Dragon Age and The Witcher. Real shame. It does some stuff well, like showing how vast the Wall is and expands the lore a bit but the gameplay is so meh.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:08 am

PartridgeSenpai wrote:Conclusion: Ultimately disappointing. This was a game I really wanted to like, with the cool sci-fi setting, silly writing, and solid shooting and cover mechanics, but the level and boss design just really killed it for me beyond redemption :cry:

Gears of War 1 is massively overrated. I beat it myself but it was co-op with a human partner. No way I would have bothered solo. The thing I hated the most was driving the truck around with the flashbeam fighting off those swarms of killer bat-things. Total opposite of fun. Most of the game wasn't fun really. Only thing I loved about it was chainsawing aliens in half.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:24 am

I just get slaughtered.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:28 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Image
I just get slaughtered.

+1

I may never get the patch for that game... :lol: (My all-time high score is just above 2100 points...I need 3000 for the patch...so close, yet so far away...)

Apparently, however, some people can score 1,000,000 points in that game. Insane.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:34 am

Whoa. It's weird. I don't find the other Activision games to be that difficult. Kaboom! is the exception.
Return to General Gaming