Limited Run

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Limited Run

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Has anyone bought any of Limited Run's games? Their run of Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey on PS4 and PS Vita went on sale today (the first half went up 15 minutes ago and is already sold out, the second half will go up at 6 PM EST tonight). I managed to snag an order of both (though I had to stop class and open the site the do so).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Limited Run

Post by Fragems »

PS4 version is still available as of 5 minutes ago but at the 0-20% stock level. Saturday Morning RPG for the Vita was pretty nice when I ordered it but I would have preferred PS4 glad I managed to slide in an order before they sold out this time.

Here is the previous limited run thread from a while back.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=49714&hilit=limited+run&start=20

Limited Run Store Page Link

https://www.limitedrungames.com/
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

First batch is sold out. Second batch coming at 6pm EST for anyone who missed out. Both versions come in at just below $35 after shipping for those that are interested.

I was order #8402 so I'd say this is probably a 20,000 or so print run for each platform if the volume of batch 1 and 2 of the preorders is the same.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Early May also has Futuridium EP which was released already on IOS for $2 and FREE for PC/Mac -- link here --> http://www.indiedb.com/games/futuridium ... dium-ep-pc

If you like it, then pay the $30 and snag it on PS4 or Vita. Inspired by the old C64 game Uridium (hence the format and name) it plays like that, Starfox and something else.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Second run of Oddworld is up PS Vita is already gone and PS4 is about to be sold out as well.

https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com ... 8189218691
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Did these sell out slower than previous titles? I mean, I actually managed to get one earlier this morning a good 30 or so minutes after it went up, so I feel they must have.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

I think there were just alot more of them this time around. I was order 8500 or so an that was just from the first batch of preorders. Plus the second batch of PS4 preorders is still open 5 hours after it started.

Part of it is probably also their enforcement of the 1 copy rule. You can now only buy 1 copy for each platform which has probably run off a good chunk of the scalpers. Those caught buying multiple get their orders canceled and probably addresses/payment methods put on a black list.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Fragems wrote:I think there were just alot more of them this time around. I was order 8500 or so an that was just from the first batch of preorders. Plus the second batch of PS4 preorders is still open 5 hours after it started.

Part of it is probably also their enforcement of the 1 copy rule. You can now only buy 1 copy for each platform which has probably run off a good chunk of the scalpers. Those caught buying multiple get their orders canceled and probably addresses/payment methods put on a black list.

I am not sure I'd read into the order # too much. I hear 5000 PS4 copies and 2500 Vita copies and thats all.
Last edited by Jmustang1968 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

I guess your right i didn't notice that on the store page but it's there right above the one copy limit rule.

Probably is a sign that scalpers were a major part of the preorders selling out so soon then.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Michi wrote:Did these sell out slower than previous titles? I mean, I actually managed to get one earlier this morning a good 30 or so minutes after it went up, so I feel they must have.

PS4 maybe, but I missed the Vita copy in the morning - I had it in my cart but by the time I clicked check out (10:02) it was sold out. Grabbed it on the evening shift though, so I'm still happy.

So far (with a little help from my friend) I'm at 100% of Limited Run's releases, and this is the one I'm most excited about because Oddworld!

Plan to continue that pattern as long as I can. When I finally miss one of them, I might become slightly more controlled in my purchases, but really I'm not buying them for their perceived value, I'm buying them because I want to support people making physical copies of download-only titles. I think that's awesome.

Jmustang1968 wrote:
Fragems wrote:I think there were just alot more of them this time around. I was order 8500 or so an that was just from the first batch of preorders. Plus the second batch of PS4 preorders is still open 5 hours after it started.

I am not sure I'd read into the order # too much. I hear 5000 PS4 copies and 2500 Vita copies and thats all.

Also, I think Order # is since they opened the website, not for the run. When I grabbed the Vita version within the first... 90 seconds or so of the evening run being open, I was #8900ish so if you were #8500 in the morning that makes sense. I was #7700ish in the morning, #4400 back in january, #1800 in November...
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread