Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Finally completed my JP 360 shoot-em-up collection.

by hashiriya1 Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:09 am

Started this in 2009. My only rule to myself was all games MUST be bought in the wild, off the shelf. I only broke that rule for the Cave Shooting Collection which I bought at Amazon JP because they included the soundtracks as a pre-order bonus.

Next is all JP Saturn shooters, which is about 85% done.
It'll take a while because those are a bit harder to find in the wild.
I have never seen Terra Cresta 3D in a shop.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Finally completed my JP 360 shoot-em-up collection.

by Hobie-wan Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:18 am

Oooh pretty.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:24 am

Sano
Next-Gen

by Sano Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:25 am

TSTR wrote:Image

Exactly :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:03 am

jeez, congrats hash. That's great.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:47 am

out of curiosity: are there Japanese XBLA exclusives?
GrouchoGlasses
16-bit

by GrouchoGlasses Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:19 am

hashiriya1 wrote:Started this in 2009. My only rule to myself was all games MUST be bought in the wild, off the shelf. I only broke that rule for the Cave Shooting Collection which I bought at Amazon JP because they included the soundtracks as a pre-order bonus.

Would you please upload a picture of your controller of choice for this outstanding shooter collection? Do you use an arcade stick primarily?
8bit
Next-Gen

by 8bit Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:09 am

That is awesome... well done sir. How much do you think this part of your collection is worth?

With all those games combined that is about 12,852,593,263 bullets to dodge. :lol:
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
LoneCynic
32-bit

by LoneCynic Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:30 am

Hash: Very nice collection, you even have the limited editions of the titles which had that option. Mine is just a standard edition collection. What is the title to the left of Under Defeat? I also do not recognize the two in the bottom right corner laying down to the left of Shooting 200X. Could you identify those for me? I thought I had a complete collection, but it seems I might not!

As to XBLA exclusives to the Japanese Marketplace, there are none that I am aware of, at least not exclusive Shmups. The only exclusive I found on there is their version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is the Japanese original version, and is a separate game from the one available on our Marketplace. It has all the original CGI cutscenes and the extra Familiars and items in game that are exclusive to that version. It is worth getting only if one of two conditions describe you: 1) You are an Achievement Hunter, and want an extra 200 gamerscore for playing through the game a second time. 2) You are a big Castlevania fan, and always wanted to play the Japanese version to see the few small variances in the game from the version we have.

Other than that, I believe the other XBLA titles are the same files as the ones available on our marketplace. Even at that, due to licensing differences on many properties, they don't have as broad a selection as we do, given that Microsoft is an American company.
disloyalhead

by disloyalhead Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Sooo sexy i have most of them. Still deciding if i should buy the cave collection pack. Nice collection.
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater