CNN Fails at Gaming

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

CNN Fails at Gaming

Post by GameMasterGuy »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/05/tech/gami ... u-demo-e3/
Read their spectacular article about the Wii-U, a new controller for the Wii... wait a second.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Re: CNN Fails at Gaming

Post by Hazerd »

Larry Frum

Do not trust this man.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Overused meme. Still...
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

Umm this is what people said was going to happen. Nintendo isn't making it very clear that this is a new console with the Wii U name. People are going to feel cheated when they buy a game that says Wii on the box but doesn't work in their Wii. I can't see this stupid Wii u name being a good thing in the long run.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

flex wood wrote:Umm this is what people said was going to happen. Nintendo isn't making it very clear that this is a new console with the Wii U name. People are going to feel cheated when they buy a game that says Wii on the box but doesn't work in their Wii. I can't see this stupid Wii u name being a good thing in the long run.

I agree. I even wonder now how many non-(sigh)-hardcore gamers buy 3DS games only to find out that don't work in their DS?
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

flex wood wrote:Umm this is what people said was going to happen. Nintendo isn't making it very clear that this is a new console with the Wii U name. People are going to feel cheated when they buy a game that says Wii on the box but doesn't work in their Wii. I can't see this stupid Wii u name being a good thing in the long run.

This will never change, even if Nintendo went way out its way to explain it. Back when I was little, my aunt got me an NES game for my birthday. I owned a Super NES.
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

noiseredux wrote:

I agree. I even wonder now how many non-(sigh)-hardcore gamers buy 3DS games only to find out that don't work in their DS?

On the flip side, how many systems are getting sold because of this? A parent or someone that doesn't know games buys little Timmy a 3ds game then feels guilty that it doesn't work on Timmy's ds so they buy him a 3ds.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

noiseredux wrote:

Probably just as many who bought SNES games expecting them to work on the NES? Image
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Human stupidity is the most common element in the universe. There's no way to get around it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

MrPopo wrote:Human stupidity is the most common element in the universe. There's no way to get around it.

No way to get around it, perhaps, but Nintendo certainly knows how to exploit it to their advantage.
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?