CNN Fails at Gaming

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: CNN Fails at Gaming

Post by Luke »

wip3outguy7 wrote:
Luke wrote:Where does Larry say that Wii U is only a controller?

Apparently they fixed the article and didn't add a footnote that explains the correction...

Thanks.

I couldn't see what the fuss was about.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

pepharytheworm wrote:I don't see how Wii U is any more confusing than almost every other consoles newer model. Sega seems to be the only company that gave every system a unique name, at least in the US.

And they seem to be the only company not making consoles anymore too. . . Id say Nintendo is safe. This early coverage is for he gamers. The mass marketing hype will comecloser to launch.
Jamisonia
128-bit

Post by Jamisonia »

kingmohd84 wrote:I dont blame him to be honest, the console looks similar to the WIi more than the Xbox slim looks to the regular 360 .

Of course there is a graphical jump over the Wii, but is it more powerful than the current ps3(look at uncharted) ? so he maybe got confused its not a NEW system when the 2006 system beats it in graphics.

Its scaled Wii U, sounds more like an add on than a new console. Consoles usually have a number to symbolize the next generation or a full different name(gamecube->wii) . The Wii U probably is a confusing name.

none the less, the journalist still is ignorant, but you have to give some of the blame on Nintendo. They are launching the system in a time when no one else is, so its easy for the average joe to think its an add-on like the Wii MotionPlus, Wii balance board, Wii zapper, Wii Wheel, Classic Controller Pro, so Wii U is maybe part of that list

Wow this is clearly written by a Sony fanboy
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

kingmohd84 wrote:I dont blame him to be honest, the console looks similar to the WIi more than the Xbox slim looks to the regular 360 .

Of course there is a graphical jump over the Wii, but is it more powerful than the current ps3(look at uncharted) ? so he maybe got confused its not a NEW system when the 2006 system beats it in graphics.

:roll:
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Amusing email someone sent at work:

Well I have my thoughts on this and I think it is a tie between Microsoft and Playstation 3. I think Nintendo lost in this one with the Wii U and I was not impressed with it and I believe this is a last ditch effort to save the company.. In my own opinion Nintendo is a dying gaming console and they are still using 20+ year old graphics for games.. Also Nintendo is known for family and kid games and now bringing on 3rd party games that are violent and etc!

My response was essentially "You do realize that Nintendo is riding high and is the winner of this generation".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Jrecee wrote:And they seem to be the only company not making consoles anymore too. . .

Atari, Magnavox, Coleco, Mattel, Panasonic, NEC, Phillips, Nokia...
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Poor Atari. :(
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Poor Atari. :(

I guess you can say they still make consoles if you count stuff like those TV games or the Flashback...
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

AppleQueso wrote:
Jrecee wrote:And they seem to be the only company not making consoles anymore too. . .

Atari, Magnavox, Coleco, Mattel, Panasonic, NEC, Phillips, Nokia...

He was responding to my post, and the console companies I named. But speaking of which none of the companies you listed had unique name for every system, if they even released more than one. I personally think Jaguar and Lynx were great names because they were somewhat related but totally different.

Magnavox:
Odyssey
Odyssey 2

Atari:

NEC:
PC-engine
PC-FX
PC Engine GT
Turbo-Grafx16
Super Grafx
TurboDuo
TurboExpress