Very impressive Chrono Trigger hack

Post by Mozgus »

Looks to focus on Magus.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Ch ... Guile.html

Ganna try it out in a bit.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

If you could post your impressions, this would make a good front-page post!
Caboose
24-bit

Post by Caboose »

Looks really cool, but didn't someone try something similar a couple years ago and got their project shut down?
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Caboose wrote:Looks really cool, but didn't someone try something similar a couple years ago and got their project shut down?

You're talking about Chrono Resurrection and its not similar at all. It was a remake of select scenes from the game in full 3D. This is just a ROM hack. There's nothing illegal here. The patch contains no copywrited material. It just rearranges existing material in the ROM, and insert new actions and text.

My impressions? Uh, I give up. I cant make sense of the story. It's been too long since I played CT. It's all a blur. None of the dialog is making sense.
Caboose
24-bit

Post by Caboose »

Mozgus wrote:
Caboose wrote:Looks really cool, but didn't someone try something similar a couple years ago and got their project shut down?

You're talking about Chrono Resurrection and its not similar at all. It was a remake of select scenes from the game in full 3D. This is just a ROM hack. There's nothing illegal here. The patch contains no copywrited material. It just rearranges existing material in the ROM, and insert new actions and text.

Ah, yes, that's it. My mistake.
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

Mozgus wrote:It's been too long since I played CT. It's all a blur. None of the dialog is making sense.

LOL. I was worried that I was the only one. I played the game years ago and now I cannot recall much of the game now.

Heck I'm having trouble remembering who Magus is....

My memory is has been really bad lately.
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming