WEEK 4: RACKET STGT: MUCHI MUCHI PORK Scores

2D Shooters Invade
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Re: WEEK 4: RACKET STGT: MUCHI MUCHI PORK Scores

Post by SpoonyBard »

I was determined to go up a spot tonight, but this is the best I could pull out. I figured it's a decent jump in score and I spent way too long playing to not post it.

19,878,740 - SpoonyBard - Columbian Hi-Ballers - stage 3 - 360 - Pink Piggy
20,808,650 - SpoonyBard - Columbian Hi-Ballers - Stage 3 - 360 - Pink Piggy

ExedExes wrote:That being said, I HATE the stage 2 boss. It takes way too long to bring down. I never thought I'd dread a boss battle so much. I believe I've hit a wall as far as scoring and progress goes with that. To all those who can get 20 mil and better, more power to you.

I'm with you on that one. It was a cakewalk when I was doing poorly, but going against that with 2-3 lives left is just brutal. It's not even that the bullet patterns are that hard to dodge, it's just that 3/4 of the way through i'm just tired of trying.
Last edited by SpoonyBard on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

I just wanted to inch ahead of Mike, heh heh. Next stop, Jep.

27,964,200 - hashiriya1 - 3 STooGes - Stage 3 - X360

http://imgur.com/dcIagU3
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Still missing lots of scores this week. Is everyone being strategic and waiting to pounce at the last minute? :)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

DocHauser wrote:Still missing lots of scores this week. Is everyone being strategic and waiting to pounce at the last minute? :)

no.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

DocHauser wrote:Still missing lots of scores this week. Is everyone being strategic and waiting to pounce at the last minute? :)

I think everyone saw your score & SB's score and said "Aw sh*t we knew the HiBallers were the team to beat this month!"

My team needs to represent. I can't get any farther than I already did.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

ExedExes wrote:

I think everyone saw your score & SB's score and said "Aw sh*t we knew the HiBallers were the team to beat this month!"

My team needs to represent. I can't get any farther than I already did.

working on it, I'm usually very tired after work but tonight and tomorrow I have all the time in the world.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I was done on Monday and won't have any other chances to play, so i'm at where i'm at. Hoping Pierrot or Bogus can pass Hash and give us a chance at first, we shall see...
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

ExedExes wrote:My team needs to represent.

Consider us represented.

35,046,200 - skate323k137 - Team NES - Stage 4 - X360

Also, setup pic of the 360'd net city if anyone cares :)

Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

skate323k137 wrote:Consider us represented.

As soon as I saw you had the last post, I knew I was going down a spot, haha. Now I know how i'm spending my thanksgiving.

And that net city is slick. I always like seeing them in the Midwest. Gives me hope that i'll come across one someday (without all the hassles of importing).

Did you get the 360 modded for JAMMA?
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

SpoonyBard wrote:
skate323k137 wrote:Consider us represented.

As soon as I saw you had the last post, I knew I was going down a spot, haha. Now I know how i'm spending my thanksgiving.

And that net city is slick. I always like seeing them in the Midwest. Gives me hope that i'll come across one someday (without all the hassles of importing).

Did you get the 360 modded for JAMMA?

I know of eight net cities in the midwest, and I bought two of them :lol:

No mods to the console itself were necessary. Net Cities are not wired JAMMA, they're JVS. That presented some conveniences, and some inconveniences. The main bonus of the cab being JVS was that the monitor is trisync and has a VGA cord, so I just had to dig out my official VGA cable for the xbox and set the console to 640x480. It looks really nice in 31khz. The other advantage is the cab has a stereo sound amp, so audio was as simple as plugging in the RCA cables from that xbox VGA cable to the amp in the cab.

Unfortunately because it's not a JAMMA cab, I couldn't use a normal padhack for the controllers, as much as I would have loved to. The main challenge was the limited wiring between the control panel and the motherboard bay, which I haven't figured out a way to add to. This meant using any of my existing padhacks was out of the question; there was no way to run the wiring. All I really had to work with was a USB cable running between the console area and the CP for the JVS IO board, so I borrowed that cable and ended up wiring up a ps360+ PCB and putting that in the control panel. Switching between the 360 and a NAOMI motherboard is just a matter of a few plugs now :)
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.