Teslapunk - New Arcade Style Shmup for OUYA

2D Shooters Invade
Edge
8-bit

Teslapunk - New Arcade Style Shmup for OUYA

Post by Edge »

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce you to our just released game Teslapunk. Teslapunk is an arcade shoot-em-up with a unique art style by an award winning artist.

Features:
-2 different Game Modes: Arcade & Survival
-4 Arcade Levels (+2 more levels to come as free updates)
-high resolution graphics
-catchy soundtrack
-Powerful Voltage Burst, cancles enemy bullets into score multipliers
-3 difficulty levels
-Online Leaderboards for each game mode

It comes with two different game modes. Arcade mode offers classic shooter game play with multiple levels, dodging bullets, killing enemies and boss fights. With a special feature called Voltage Burst you cancel bullets and turn them into score multiplier. Increasing the multiplier also increases the difficulty, resulting in a risk to score mechanics.

In Survival mode you have to fight through endless attack waves in a kind of endless runner manner. On the way you collect coins which can be used to upgrade your ship and buy items to increase your survival chances.

OUYA App: https://www.ouya.tv/game/Teslapunk/
Trailer: http://vimeo.com/70820213

The game was previously released as free2play for iOS, Android and Windows Phone. For the Ouya version we added game pad controls and rebalanced it accordingly. We also introduced 3 different difficulty settings and a brand new level for the arcade mode. We also change to a premium model. With the free demo version you can play the arcade mode close to the end of the first level and the survival mode is restricted in length.

If you want to play the full game, you have to unlock it for 4.99 USD.

I am looking forward to read your comments. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Some screenshots:

mjmjr25

Re: Teslapunk - New Arcade Style Shmup for OUYA

Post by mjmjr25 »

Not my favorite color palette, but I can see the appeal. Gameplay looks solid.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

is it tate able?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

what's an OUYA?
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

So is this just a spambot ad or actual recommendation just figured i'd ask since this is the first post from this user.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

The screens look a little odd, but the game actually looks pretty nice in motion. A few questions:

Is there only one ship available? Is its only attack the steam laser, or does it have a "tap" shot Cave-style?

Is the bullet cancel screen-wide? From the video it looks like you are basically "bombing" the entire screen's worth of bullets away for a multiplier.

Does the rank increase based on number of cancels, or number of bullets cancelled?

Is there a way to lower rank, or does it continually increase?

How will you add more stages via updates? Will the game suddenly become longer, or will this be an "extended" mode?

Of course, always curious if there is TATE, TLB, etc.

So far, this looks pretty promising!
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

arion wrote:So is this just a spambot ad or actual recommendation just figured i'd ask since this is the first post from this user.

Edge is a long-time user in the Shmups Forum, he's legit.
Edge
8-bit

Post by Edge »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Is there only one ship available? Is its only attack the steam laser, or does it have a "tap" shot Cave-style?

There is only one ship available and you have only the laser. But we are actually intending to implement some kind of tap shot for the coming update.

dunpeal2064 wrote:Is the bullet cancel screen-wide? From the video it looks like you are basically "bombing" the entire screen's worth of bullets away for a multiplier.

dunpeal2064 wrote:Does the rank increase based on number of cancels, or number of bullets cancelled?

The rank is depending on the height of your Multiplier + #ofStage. There are also 3 difficulty levels. The rank range is depending on the difficulty level. So on hard the minimum rank level is already quite high. While on Easy the rank will always stay very low.

dunpeal2064 wrote:Is there a way to lower rank, or does it continually increase?

The Multiplier decreases over time, and the higher the multiplier the faster it's decrease rate. (Except during boss battles)
And losing a life decreases the multipler a bunch and thus the rank.

dunpeal2064 wrote:How will you add more stages via updates? Will the game suddenly become longer, or will this be an "extended" mode?

To be perfectly honest, we are still discussing this in the team. The current version (4 levels) might still be selectable after the update and have a seperate score table.

dunpeal2064 wrote:Of course, always curious if there is TATE, TLB, etc.

Unfortunatelly no TATE yet. But we are currently looking into it, to add it with an update.
Also no True Last Boss yet. Though something we have been discussing for the new version.

Thanks for the encouraging feedback. :)
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Edge wrote:
The rank is depending on the height of your Multiplier + #ofStage. There are also 3 difficulty levels. The rank range is depending on the difficulty level. So on hard the minimum rank level is already quite high. While on Easy the rank will always stay very low.

Oh, this seems like an interesting way to do rank! Does your multiplier carry over after end of stage, or does it reset after each stage? I like the possibilities here!

Thank you for addressing my onslaught of questions!
Edge
8-bit

Post by Edge »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Oh, this seems like an interesting way to do rank! Does your multiplier carry over after end of stage, or does it reset after each stage? I like the possibilities here!

The multiplier gets carried over to the next stage.

dunpeal2064 wrote:Thank you for addressing my onslaught of questions!

No Problem, I am glad you ask. :)