Best PC shmups on Steam

2D Shooters Invade
Nyukki
128-bit

Re: Best PC shmups on Steam

Post by Nyukki »

Shogun wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Wait, Ikaruga is coming to PC? Might have to give it another run!

Yea it recently was Greenlit but I haven't seen a release date announced. Everyone is hoping it will sell well and Treasure will release more games through Steam.

Shwing!
Shogun
32-bit

Post by Shogun »

I should mention theres a good looking shooter on Steam greenlight called Danmaku Unlimited 2.

Theres a ton of interesting stuff in the Steam Greenlight section. So many games worth voting for. Theres a good discussion with suggestions here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /183195387
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Classic Game Room has a review of Danmaku Unlimited 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsZVmnGmy_c
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Shogun
32-bit

Post by Shogun »

Bit of a bump but I wanted to make a list here of shmups I've found on Steam. With the announcement of Crimzon Clover getting a Steam release I'm pretty excited and have been looking forward to more releases. I know lots of people are collectors (I am too) but steam offers me a way to play these games in an approachable and easy way.

So here is what I am aware of so far

Available now:
Ikaruga
Danmaku Unlimited 2
Ether Vapor Remaster
eXceed trilogy (third one is best)
Gundemonium Collection (3 games)
Jamestown
Satazius
Sine Mora

On Steam Greenlight (needs votes to get released):
Diadra Empty
Valkyrius
The Tale of Alltynex
Cloudphobia
Saviors

On a separate note theres a game I've enjoyed quite a bit called Savant - Ascent. It has shmup-like elements and is a 2D fast paced, fast reflexes type game.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Thanks for the update!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Symphony! I posted this previously on another shmup thread, I got this off of GOG but you can also get it on Steam click here -

Yeah, so onto Symphony. I had no idea this was an indie game, but boy is it great.

Each "level" is generated by music files on your computer (and not just MP3s either, I found out, it accepts a few extra formats) and the enemies are dynamically generated by the music, and the more intense the music is, the harder the enemies will be. After every stage, you unlock a new weapon to purchase, and you have 4 "guns" on your ship to assign them to (or you can upgrade a current weapon). One in a while one of the 5 "demons" in the game will challenge you to a boss battle as you're playing, and defeating them gets you a piece to a song that will "liberate your music" from its evil control.

It's no bullet hell, it's more of like an old school style presentation with really nice looking vector style graphics, but there are features such as chain scoring, online leaderboards and most of the modern amenities that newer games have.

$10 on your digital download service of choice. Highly recommended!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Shogun
32-bit

Post by Shogun »

Crimzon Clover comes out tomorrrow on steam! Also the steam sale should be coming up soon as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285440/
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

What about Project Root? There's even a demo on Steam.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

^-Boring game and not exactly a shmup.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

In case people haven't seen this yet, you can now stream games on Steam, either to people on your friend list or public (still at beta stage, instructions in the link):

http://steamcommunity.com/updates/broadcasting