Strikers 1945, 1945 II, 1945 III + Plus Hi-Scores

2D Shooters Invade
Tyranix95
24-bit

Re: Strikers 1945, 1945 II, 1945 III + Plus Hi-Scores

Post by Tyranix95 »

mjmjr25 wrote:Jason, do you or Joe happen to know how to add a 3rd life to the MVS cart of Strikers PLUS?

Yeah.

1. On the NEO: Enter TEST MODE (by putting Dip Switch #1 down when you boot up).
2. Next enter the: Setting Up The Soft Dip Menu.
3. Then, Select whatever cart slot STRIKES1945PLUS is in.
4. Now, go down the menu until you get to: FIGHTER. Hit "A" to increase the count to 3.
5. Finally, hit "C" twice (to go back one menu two times). Now, you should be at the TEST MENU page again. Select EXIT. Then flip DIP-SW 1 OFF !! Now, the game will Re-Boot and STRIKERS will start with 3 Lives.

mjmjr25 wrote:Also, for this group - any interest in any of the other Neo Geo titles?

I don't want to overdo it since I know it is work to keep them updated, but i'd be interested in any of these:
Sonic Wing / Aerofighters 2 and/or 3
Ironclad / Brikinger
Andro Dunos
Captain Tomaday
Blazing Star
Viewpoint
Zed Blade

If there are at least 5 interested in any of the above, make a post here and i'll start a thread for one of them (and if someone else wants to do another ---- awesome.)

I have Aerofighters 2 & 3 and Blazing Star. Fun games. NEO Classics. And not bad for scoring. I'd be down for any of these.

I also have Ironclad Brikinger and Captain Tomaday. But, these games are not the best games for scoring. Ironclad is a homebrew cart that is kinda slow paced with pick-a-path features, and although Tomaday looks nice, the game suffers from typical NEO slowdown. Imho, both games are worth goofing off with if you are ever in the mood to play something new though.
Last edited by Tyranix95 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

mjmjr25 wrote:Jason, do you or Joe happen to know how to add a 3rd life to the MVS cart of Strikers PLUS?

I don't want to overdo it since I know it is work to keep them updated, but i'd be interested in any of these:
Sonic Wing / Aerofighters 2 and/or 3
Ironclad / Brikinger
Andro Dunos
Captain Tomaday
Blazing Star
Viewpoint
Zed Blade

I was thinking Aerofighters series as a whole myself earlier today. Andro Dunos and Blazing Star for sure too!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I'll start an Aerofighters 2 and 3 thread.

I often hear Aerofighters 3 referred to as an easy game - I can't get past stage 4. Is it me - or do the bullets come at you really fast in that game - especially at the beginning of stages, always catches me off guard. Well, should prob save this discussion for that thread.

Going to go get myself 3 lives on Strikers Plus 8)
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

I've been playing a bit of Sonic Wings/Aero Fighters recently too, so I'm up for a hi-score thread there. I reckon the first game is the best one, I think it might be the only one that Shin Nakamura worked on (who later became the founder of Psikyo).
jepjepjep
24-bit

Post by jepjepjep »

mjmjr25 wrote:I'll start an Aerofighters 2 and 3 thread.

I often hear Aerofighters 3 referred to as an easy game - I can't get past stage 4. Is it me - or do the bullets come at you really fast in that game - especially at the beginning of stages, always catches me off guard. Well, should prob save this discussion for that thread.

Cool. I'm up for some Aero Fighters 2/3. I think the difficulty changes based on region for AF3. I think the Euro version is hardest for some reason.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

jepjepjep wrote:

Cool. I'm up for some Aero Fighters 2/3. I think the difficulty changes based on region for AF3. I think the Euro version is hardest for some reason.

Ok - that would make sense as i'm using an Analogue CMVS and it has a EURO Unibios 3.2. That makes me feel a ton better.
Tyranix95
24-bit

Post by Tyranix95 »

Hey! Don't forget AEROFIGHTERS. :D

I still play the first one.
ImageImageImage
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

added all 4 games to a new thread.
Tyranix95
24-bit

Post by Tyranix95 »

STRIKERS 1945 PLUS: