2D Shooters Invade
ChrisHaha2049
24-bit

Re: Shmup of the Month Club 2013 (Air Gallet)

by ChrisHaha2049 Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:14 pm

ChrisH2049 - 1,775,530 - Stage 4 - MAME

Good, albeit disappointing run. All the way to stage 4 on 1 life. Then accidentally grabbed that stupid S weapon when it all went to hell... Didn't even make it to the boss... Plus I, uh, 'missed' the 'no miss' bonus for stage 2, which I usually get, which was also of course one of the rare times I DID get the bonus on stage 3... :roll: Anyway...
Last edited by ChrisHaha2049 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisHaha2049
24-bit

by ChrisHaha2049 Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:29 am

Wow. Got the No Miss bonuses in stages 1, 2, and 3 this time. Maybe had it for stage 4 too, but couldn't finish the last piece of that boss. So I'm done. This game was intense. I credit fed to the end once just to actually see stages 5-6... OMG... I'm going to take a nice, hot shower.

ChrisH2049 - 2,051,750 - Stage 4 - MAME
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:14 am

Noooooo!!! I get back with one day left to find that my score's been beaten. I think I'm too jet-lagged to make much of an effort today, though...

Good score, though! I also credit-fed the last couple of levels to see if there was any possibility of a future 1cc. That last level is pretty scary. :shock:
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:21 am

Crimzon Clover time! Who's playing? I hope to get it fired up tonight for a few practice runs.
jinx
Next-Gen

by jinx Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:27 am

dsheinem wrote:Crimzon Clover time! Who's playing? I hope to get it fired up tonight for a few practice runs.

Wow! This game looks great!
I guess this will be my first venture into this thread...
DocHauser
128-bit

by DocHauser Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:38 am

I had a go on Simple Mode earlier today and made it to the TLB. Will have a few more runs on Simple until I get a decent score, then move on to Original Mode. I presume we're going to have separate tables for each?

Oh, does anyone know if there's a difference in scoring between Version 1.00 and Version 1.01?
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:43 am

I'll be playing for sure.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:52 am

DocHauser wrote:I had a go on Simple Mode earlier today and made it to the TLB. Will have a few more runs on Simple until I get a decent score, then move on to Original Mode. I presume we're going to have separate tables for each?

Oh, does anyone know if there's a difference in scoring between Version 1.00 and Version 1.01?

A table for each makes sense. Not sure on version differences.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:16 am

Finally!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:22 am

Well guys, I took the CC plunge as soon as midnight passed. The game was surprisingly easy to install and you do not need the CD to play after initial installation (a plus!)

In my opinion, I think everyone who had an issue with dsh nominating this game owes him a big apology, and I'll be the first to extend it to him.This simple indie/doujin game done by a team of 3-4 Japanese guys easily surpasses anything Cave, Toaplan, Raizing, Capcom (biting tongue) or any of shmups' big boys can put out. (EDIT: It's great and definitely ranks up there with any classics by those companies, for sure! It doesn't exactly *surpass*. A comment like that amongst fans of those companies can really ruin your rep! :lol:) It runs so incredibly well on this computer, production values are at commercial game levels, there is color and activity and numbers and gold stars around, yet it is still so simple to understand and enjoy. Any shmup fan worth their salt will grasp the mechanics quickly. The tiny hitbox is insanely fair as well, you'll find yourselves weaving and moving around any shot out there. There are elements of RayForce, Terra Diver, any Takumi game (with the gold point items & huge scores), DoDonPachi, and so much more here. In 45 minutes (at least what the in game play timer recorded) I played about 11-12 runs of this and I felt like a pro real fast once I knew what was going on. Everything about this game is perfect, and this will need its own high score thread way after April is over, I reckon.

That said, here are my scores so far. I am playing on the default Original Mode. Also remember to set the scoring option to "World" in the options menu to make the digits a bit easier to understand, and I love the 8-character name input for this, for obvious reasons!

Also, check your copy's version number. 1.00 was the original release, but 1.01 has automatic replay recording and many bug fixes -- get the patch here.

Type I best score -

ExedExes - 4,820,879,550 - Stage 2 - x4443 - Type I

Type II best score (note - you need 100,000 item points to unlock this in the Limitter Shop, it moves faster and has options that follow your previous movements, and the lock on shot trades a bit of speed for a bit more power. Also with the Type II ship, I got the No Miss bonus on Stage 1, get all point stars for 1 billion pts! Highly recommended.)

ExedExes - 5,047,181,160 - Stage 2 - x3711 - Type II

With that, I'm good for now. I know our higher level players will do much better than I starting out on this, but it plays so quickly, it's easy to put a good 15-20 runs in an hour. If anyone has any questions on scoring/techniques/etc. I should be able to answer them.
Last edited by ExedExes on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Return to Shmups