2D Shooters Invade
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Espgaluda Hi-Scores

Post by ExedExes »

Scratch that old miserable score --

ExedExes - 7,427,800 - Stage 3 - Ageha

I finally remembered what to do.
- Obviously, go into "purple/sex change/kakusei/awaken" mode when there are enemies with tons of bullets on screen for more gold
- The same goes for those points on the bosses/mini-bosses when the gauge is about to pass a vertical line segment that indicates a part on the boss that is about to blow up -- tons more gold that way
- Dying takes away half your gold, and it starts to count down as you fight a boss.

I think I was getting messed up with similar systems from games like Crimzon Clover, DoDonPachi, and Progear. Hey look, 2 of those games were also from CAVE :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

ExedExes wrote:Obviously, go into "purple/sex change/kakusei/awaken" mode when there are enemies with tons of bullets on screen for more gold

Yeah, good to switch when there are tons of bullets. Some other tips for maximizing score;
-Each bullet you take out increases your multiplier for cancelled bullets, but only for that time in kakusei. In other words, don't just switch, clear the screen, and switch back. Stay in kakusei as long as you can.

-Try to take out the enimies whos bullets are closest to you first, so you take out the maximum amount of bullets that each enimy will have on the screen. I.E. keep letting the screen fill back up with bullets, then start killing enemies.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

skate323k137 wrote:-Each bullet you take out increases your multiplier for cancelled bullets, but only for that time in kakusei. In other words, don't just switch, clear the screen, and switch back. Stay in kakusei as long as you can.

That's good to know. I have a bad habit of switching back as soon as I get what I can.

Does "5-2" on the score list mean 5th stage, 2nd loop?
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

After you beat the "first" stage 5, you play another brief level followed by another boss. I haven't beaten that boss (I've come close WAY too many times), but I just call that level 5-2.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

12,199,440 - mjmjr25 - stage 4 (boss) - Ageha - PCB

mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

12,511,710 - mjmjr25 - Ageha - 5-2 - PCB

(pic in the summer gaming thread)
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Updated.

Jealous you own the PCB. One of these days/months/years....
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

I like fast-paced shmups, so every time I play this I can't resist playing it in Kakusei overdrive all the way through. Well, not completely all the way through...I usually wimp out and switch back for the mid-bosses and bosses (plus the 1up bit on Stage 3).

Just played it now and got 10.2 million on Stage 4. I might give it a proper run soon and see if I can do any better by playing it normally...
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

OK, tried to play it sensibly for a change, and after a few attempts I managed this...

13,904,470 - DocHauser - Ageha - Stage 5 - Shmupmame 4.2
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

The trick to scoring is really tied to your bomb meter in many ways.

I usually play the first 2 stages in kakusei the entire run. Mid-way through stage 1 you'll have it in overdrive and your ingot will get larger and accumulate faster - if you can get it to 1,000 on a given stage, each piece after that goes up exponentially.

Typically, i'll get to 700-800 or so, mid-way through a stage, then take a hit (not die, just a hit on my meter, since i'm in kakusei) and that drops the meter down to like 250, which makes it near impossible to get back to 1,000 before the boss, at which point it auto-declines the entire boss-battle.

I've been playing for survival the past 2 weeks, so my score isn't great, i've actually had runs in the 11mil range by end of stage 3, and then survival runs to 5-2 only in the 11mil range - definitely a different game - score/survival.