Espgaluda Hi-Scores

2D Shooters Invade
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Re: Espgaluda Hi-Scores

Post by skate323k137 »

mjmjr25 wrote:definitely a different game - score/survival.

By all means. I play the first 2-3 stages for score, then it's survival from there on out.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Slight improvement...

14,726,520 - DocHauser - Ageha - Stage 5 - Shmupmame 4.2

I made it on to Stage 5-2 on a different run, but the score was lower. Continued through to the end to see what I had in store. Difficultly isn't too bad, except for that final boss attack. I think I figured out a way to beat it, but it's going to need some save-state practice first...
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Nice work.

If everyone could, when posting a new score, please try to copy your score (or a score) from the first post to use as a template to keep everything in order. A lot quicker for me to update them that way.

Still have my monitor tated for this, will have to give it another run as time allows.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I've been following the thread over the past few days, and decided to try it again after watching a few YouTube videos. I somehow forgot about the laser button the first few runs today *facepalm*, but I learned that it's good to know when to switch over to get as many X100s as you can. I was at 1000 gold for a good long time, till the stage 3 boss did me in a couple of times.

ExedExes - 11,301,990 - 4 - Ageha - MAME

It appears I have some work ahead of me, but I'm closer to the rest of the scoreboard than ever before. This particular bullet hell I feel like I am improving with every run and not falling too far back. 5-2 seems to be easy to get to. This game has the most forgiving hitbox I've seen outside of maybe Crimson Clover. I'm almost there.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Nice improvement. This is definitely one of my all-time favorite shmups, nice to have a good scoreboard going for it.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Getting closer...

DocHauser - 17,194,220 - 5-2 - Ageha - Shmupmame 4.2

I lost a few lives carelessly in Stages 4 and 5, and went into 5-2 on my last life with no gems and no energy. I managed to no-miss 5-2 up until the final boss's 2nd form, so I think if I can get back there with at least one or two lives to spare, then I should be in with a chance of the 1cc...
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Getting close to knocking me off the podium lol

Any issues with emulation? Or does it run nicely at full speed? just curious.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Runs fine for me. Espgaluda, Ketsui and DOJ are all PGM hardware, so they don't have the issues that some of the SH3 games have.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Reached the Stage 5-1 boss with four lives, still didn't clear it! I think I'll only post another score if I actually get the 1cc...

DocHauser - 18,764,930 - 5-2 - Ageha - Shmupmame 4.2
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Beat my high score last night..... by like 10,000 points :lol: