Darius Gaiden - HI-SCORES

2D Shooters Invade
scarper
128-bit

Darius Gaiden - HI-SCORES

Post by scarper »

As usual with these hi-score threads, use DEFAULT settings, 1 credit, and no auto-fire cheat code/peripheral. Don't be all sneaky and turn the difficulty down from Normal to Easy. I'll be watching the whole thing through your window, just to be 100% sure. The route you take is completely your choice, since that won't affect fairness. Use screen-caps if you can.

Submit your scores in this format: [score] - [your name] - [Zone you died at] - [platform]
Here's an example: 777 - Scarper - Zone N - Saturn

The available platforms are Saturn, PS1, PC, PS2 (via Taito Legends 2) and Arcade/MAME.

1: 2,670,020 - DocHauser - Zone Q - Arcade
2: 1,777,794 - hashiriya1 - Zone I - Saturn (J)
3: 1,770,520 - Dunpeal2064 - H - PS2
4: 1,652,080 - Scarper - Zone H - Saturn
5: 1,112,080 - mjmjr25 - Zone D - SAT-US
6: 1,110,260 - ExedExes - Zone D - Taito Legends 2 (PC)
7: 1,088,560 - Sabrage - D - SAT-US
8: 1,054,980 - drunkn ghost - zone d - Saturn
9: 439,750 - noiseredux - Zone B - PlayStation 2
10:

AUTO-FIRE NOTE: Darius Gaiden is notorious for having this weird auto-fire system.
Below is what the normal/default auto-fire looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcyC07xvD-8

And this, is what enhanced auto-fire looks like (Through use of a cheat code/peripheral):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eS8is560Fk

Most versions of this game have the regular auto-fire, like in the first link. But I seem to remember that some of the other versions have the rapid-extreme auto-fire as a game default. Let me know if your version is like in the second link, and we'll make a separate category accordingly.
Last edited by scarper on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 12 times in total.
scarper
128-bit

Re: Darius Gaiden - HI-SCORES

Post by scarper »

I'll start.

1,652,080 - Scarper - Zone H - Saturn
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Adding this thread to the Hi-Score hyperlink now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I have this on PS2. I'll give it a go soon. I love this one.
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

noiseredux wrote:I have this on PS2. I'll give it a go soon. I love this one.

Lemmie know if that one has auto-fire. The others kind of have autofire, but you can easily get more bullets out by pressing the button really fast. Carpal Tunnel around da world.

So if it is a fine stream of bullets, lemmie know. We'll either separate categories, merge, or whichever causes less arguments.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

scarper wrote:Lemmie know if that one has auto-fire. The others kind of have autofire, but you can easily get more bullets out by pressing the button really fast. Carpal Tunnel around da world.

if you hold down the SHOOT button, it does auto-fire. Though like you said, perhaps not as fast as you could hit it. Watch this vid:

This guy is holding it down I think. Let me know if that seems about the same. (Either way, I have a lot of practicing to even come close to your score).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

439,750 - noiseredux - Zone B - PlayStation 2

(I'll take a screen shot when I actually get a good score haha)
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

noiseredux wrote:if you hold down the SHOOT button, it does auto-fire. Though like you said, perhaps not as fast as you could hit it. Watch this vid:

This guy is holding it down I think. Let me know if that seems about the same. (Either way, I have a lot of practicing to even come close to your score).

That looks like the default "auto-fire." So yeah, you're fine.

This is the enhanced auto-fire. Fractured bones sold separately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eS8is560Fk
Ginormous gameplay affecting difference.
I almost want to make a separate "auto-fire" category anyway, since some folks like their thumbs. Though I'd like to get some outside opinions first.

Glad to hear your playing this game, noise. It's one of my favorites. :mrgreen:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

scarper wrote:Glad to hear your playing this game, noise. It's one of my favorites. :mrgreen:

in the past I've often confused Darius Gaiden and G Darius. Turns out G Darius is the one I like more. But these kind of threads are fun because they give me a reason to actually stick with a single shmup for a little while and try to get better at them.
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

noiseredux wrote:But these kind of threads are fun because they give me a reason to actually stick with a single shmup for a little while and try to get better at them.

Heh, yup. I've always wanted to play for score, but there was never any reason for it, other than for the hell of it. I mean, I wasn't destined to beat those top of the world ranked japanese high scorers. Hell, I didn't even have anyone to talk to about these shmups.

But then RacketBoy came along. ^_^

How is G Darius by the way? Never got a chance to try it out.