Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi - HI SCORES

2D Shooters Invade
mjmjr25

Re: Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi - HI SCORES

Post by mjmjr25 »

I can do video of everything but the romance.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Got this on PS3 now as well, gonna bump this thread to see if anyone wants to join in...I believe the ps3 arcade mode is close to the pcb/mame/360, but will hopefully confirm that tonight.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Can confirm gameplay is very close to PCB. Sounds seem dead on, graphically compares as well, they didn't go all out "crisp HD" and i'm glad, it looks very similar (gritty) like the arcade game. No slowdown (at least not in the first 3 stages, haven't made it past that yet).

Now, for some reason, i'm not scoring well at all. Can someone elaborate on scoring mechanics. I know the closer you are to an enemy, the higher the hit counter, but beyond that i'm at a loss - I know sometimes i'm killing things close and my hit counter is actually backpedaling - this might be like DDP DFK in that you have to use power shot on some enemies and reg. shot on others? That is going to be tricky, this game has a lot of bullets, even for a CAVE game, not quite Mushi Futari, but a whole lot more than DoDonPachi.

Not as hard as Ibara, but it's up there...
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

IIRC, you point-blank enemies to build up your multiplier or whatever, then when you use the lock on shot (I think?) It'll start depleting your multiplier and result in more points.

It's been awhile since I played it, so that may not be correct.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Yr on the right track, Donnie.

Scoring Strategy:
Stolen from hardcoregaming101.com:

This in itself is not a huge difference, but Ketsui's main appeal lies in its beautifully straightforward but remarkably complex scoring system. When an enemy is destroyed, it'll drop a numerical chip with a value of 1 through 5. The value is determined by the proximity of your ship to the destroyed enemy - if you fire from across the entire screen, it'll drop a 1, but get up close and personal, and you'll be rewarded with a 5. There's another catch though - any time you get a chip above a 1, a timer will count down, lasting for roughly second. During this period, any enemy destroyed with your laser shot will drop the value of the last chip you got, regardless of your position on the screen. Further destruction will add a few milliseconds to the timer, allowing you to keep the chain going. The key to scoring is to destroy an enemy up close to score a 5, then laser blasting as much as possible, before the timer runs out and you need to get another 5.

These chips are totalled up in the upper-left corner of the screen, which in turn will determine the multiplier when you defeat the level boss. There's also a second multiplier, used to calculate the score when defeating enemies throughout the stage, which drains whenever you use your laser and forces you to balance its usage. When you encounter the boss, the top multiplier counts down, also forcing you to destroy it as quickly as possible.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Wow. Ok. I'm gonna buy Ketsui then.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

noiseredux wrote:Wow. Ok. I'm gonna buy Ketsui then.

Yeah, the bit that I played it on MAME, I thought it was excellent.

I assume the PS3 release is on PSN?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

This game is hard man. So....many...bullets.

Luckily, i'm starting to learn where the really hairy spots are.

Level 1 is relatively easy, the stage, the midboss and the end boss.

Like most CAVE games, playing for score involves putting yrself at more risk, and while my score just doubled (3mil to 6mil) for stage 1, i'm either dying or bombing...or both, now.

Stage 2 starts out pretty straightforward, but the mid-boss is difficult, or at least for me, his first form i'm dying 75% of the time, a bomb will wipe out his first form and his second form is easy. I'm hesitant to adapt a "bomb first form" strategy as I prefer not to bomb that early.

About 10 seconds after the midboss is a section with 3 large enemies any multiple popcorn enemies - really hairy spot, same thing, dying or bombing here. Then it lets up for a few seconds, then same thing, 3 more large enemies right before a slight lull, then an enemy with a bomb presents right before the boss.

End boss first form is easy - so don't bomb, but after that he has 3 more forms and each of them is moderately difficult, akin to a stage 4 boss in say DDP or EspGaLuda, but not as hard as 2nd boss in Pink Sweets or Ibara.

I'm sticking with my initial thought that this game is harder than the Mushi's, DDP's and ESP's but not as hard as Ibara and Pink Sweets.

I'm hitting stage 3 about 30% of the time right now. Stage 3 has a 1up plus a good chance at the 20mil extend, so if you can make stage 3 it can really open the game back up and make stage 4 a realistic goal. That's my goal for right now.

@Donnie, nope, Physical format disc, here's where I got mine: http://www.play-asia.com/ketsui-kizuna- ... -6aap.html (free shipping)
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

^ That's what I thought. Either way, unless I'm content to play it on MAME, I either have to get a working PS3, or buy a 360/JP. :(
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

you already have a US 360 Donnie. Just find a cheaper used PS3 so you can at least get the exclusives there you might want.