PRO GEAR no ARASHI - Hi-Scores Thread

2D Shooters Invade
Shogun
32-bit

Re: PRO GEAR no ARASHI - Hi-Scores Thread

Post by Shogun »

I haven't been on the forums in a long time and I come back and you all got yourselves a shmup high score thread going, sweet!

6,196,760 - Shogun - Bolt/Nail - Stage 4 - Mame (US ver)
jepjepjep
24-bit

Post by jepjepjep »

I played some Progear today. I was doing pretty well until I got slaughtered by Stage 5.

8,824,520 - JEP - Ring/Nail - Stage 5 - Arcade (US)
Tyranix95
24-bit

Post by Tyranix95 »

mmm...something says Jep is going to show up and score some massive points. :)
ImageImageImage
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Nice score Joe! I love this game though my scoring is still lacking.
jepjepjep
24-bit

Post by jepjepjep »

Thanks. It's a beautiful game. The scoring is tied into the survival, so as you learn how to cancel more bullets, it becomes easier to survive. I've been playing it on and off for a while and I'm still pretty far from a 1-all. The last two stages really pick up the difficulty.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Been getting into this a bit more recently. If you don't mind using bombs and screwing up your score, it's possible to get fairly far into the game without too much practice. At least up until the Stage 4 boss. She's a right git.

4,520,670 - DocHauser - Bolt/Nail - Stage 4 (Boss) - MAME (US ver)

I found an arcade cabinet in Kyoto too. Now that I've got some practice in, I might throw some coins at that as well - I've already got further in DDP DOJ in the arcade (Stage 4) than I have in MAME (Stage 3 boss) so maybe it's been MAME that's been hampering my efforts all these years... :-)
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Ah, I see mj updated the score table already. That was quick. Hope you don't mind updating it again :-)

5,430,940 - DocHauser - Bolt/Nail - Stage 4 - MAME (JP)

I had been playing the US version since I assumed the default settings were easier. Don't see a huge jump in difficulty in the Japanese version, but maybe there's a slight increase in the number of bullets, which increases the scoring potential.

Anyone gotten the hang of the Stage 4 extend? It's a bit tricky.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I "try" to update when I see a new score to post, sometimes I miss one and then they thread gets buried again.

Anytime you see a score not get updated - don't hesitate to send the OP a reminder, sometimes they just go unnoticed when a game isn't being actively played by multiple members.

I adore this game but i'm not great at it - probably my favorite CAVE shooter and we all know that is saying something. I recall Chaz (Dunpeal2064) mentioned the extend and how to get it - it might even be back a page or two, i'll check.
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Here's a clip of how to get the 1UP...

http://youtu.be/J81W5il2yr0

You have to kill the first ship quickly, then when the next two enter the screen, you kill the top one first. The video makes it look fairly simple, but it's harder than it looks...
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I remember playing this a while back. As part of my shmup weekend, I did this one too. Cave has had good risk/reward mechanics in their game, and this is no exception. Also like it's horizontal! Many shmups need to go this way!

ExedExes - 4,056,360 - Bolt/Nail - Stage 4 - MAME (US)
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.