蒼穹紅蓮隊 Sōkyūgurentai / Terra Diver - Hi-Scores

2D Shooters Invade
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: 蒼穹紅蓮隊 Sōkyūgurentai / Terra Diver - Hi-Scores

Post by noiseredux »

wip3outguy7 wrote:The lockon web?

I guess... I use a rapid fire button and a bomb button. So I'm probably missing a whole button haha.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

noiseredux wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:The lockon web?

I guess... I use a rapid fire button and a bomb button. So I'm probably missing a whole button haha.

Yeah, if you're not maximizing your lock on kills - you're missing so many points (and in many respects, it can make some parts of the game easier).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so how does the lock-on thing work?
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

noiseredux wrote:so how does the lock-on thing work?

Well, first of all, you don't need the rapid fire option set. The guns fire off several rounds with every tap of the fire button. Rhythmic taps will give you rapid fire.

Make sure you have regular fire, switch and bomb assigned to buttons. That's all you'll need, it's a 3 button game.

HOLD the fire button down and your ship will extend the lockon web. It works much like the altitude lockon mechanic from the Ray series. Have fun.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

alright, I'll check it... I didn't touch anything in the controller options. So CIRCLE is rapid, TRIANGLE is bomb. I *think* CROSS is shot but I dind't realize holding it down did the lockon. Thanks dude!

EDIT: ok, yeah SQUARE is the web lock-on thing. So yeah. This feels like a completely different game to me now haha.

EDIT: slight improvement

767,540 - noiseredux - Stage 2 - green - PS1
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

1,106,730 - noiseredux - Stage 2 - green - PS1
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Hey, an actual screenshot, casa de bra - I likey. Nice score btw, nice improvement.

Crazy busy day today (and most of this week :/ ) but I def plan on getting back on this soon.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

thanks man! That was the product of a really solid Stage 1 run. No lives lost on Stage 1 and milked the boss so that I had over 500k moving on to Stage 2. Died on Stage 2 boss though. But yeah, definitely a nice big jump in score for me.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I feel like a mod should go put yr score in. I'll pm Flake. :wink:
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

I had to swap out my JP Saturn for my US one. Souky really pushes the hardware and it's making the JP (model 1) run hot enough to worry me. I guess my scores from this point are going to be exclusively on a US (model 2) Saturn.

Has anyone besides me been able to test the game on different Saturn regions? I'm still not sure if the difficulty differences are just between model 1 and 2 hardware or if it really is a region issue.