All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1826 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 183  Next
 Post subject: Re: What shmup are you playing now?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:06 pm 
Next-Gen

OtokonoZenyou wrote:
Playing Batsugun and Dodonpachi on my Saturn through my XM29+ at the moment.

Fantastic games, but I must know, what is this XM29+?

I have been working on Donpachi on the Saturn. I can take down the first 3 stages with no deaths, and now that I get scoring and how bomb-stocking and rank works, I think I can loop this.

I really want to invest in a psx copy of this game, as the horrid loading times and sound samples make me sad. The game is so damn charming though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:14 pm 

Alright Chaz, talk at me. I was having ho-hum run (Deathsmiles), level 5, sitting at about 11-12 million, then i'm not sure what happened, I just started chaining the hell out of it, the numbers were coming in looking like a hot orangish red and I chained for about 45 seconds straight...then died. Ended up at 31million. I feel like I should've noticed something different, I felt like I had chained like that before...is the chaining as simple as drop one start over? Is it a time-chain system like Mars Matrix? This opens things up a bit - I feel like I can compete at this beauty now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:07 am 
Next-Gen

dunpeal2064 wrote:
I really want to invest in a psx copy of this game, as the horrid loading times and sound samples make me sad. The game is so damn charming though.

It's worth it imo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:04 pm 
Next-Gen

mjmjr25 wrote:
Alright Chaz, talk at me. I was having ho-hum run (Deathsmiles), level 5, sitting at about 11-12 million, then i'm not sure what happened, I just started chaining the hell out of it, the numbers were coming in looking like a hot orangish red and I chained for about 45 seconds straight...then died. Ended up at 31million. I feel like I should've noticed something different, I felt like I had chained like that before...is the chaining as simple as drop one start over? Is it a time-chain system like Mars Matrix? This opens things up a bit - I feel like I can compete at this beauty now.

Yeah, I think what you did was hit the max multiplier. Basically, you don't want to pick up high-point items when you first go crazy-mode, you want to let them break into as small of items as possible. Once you have picked up a certain amount of items (Not sure how many) You will activate max multiplier, turning the numbers above you orange and multiplying all the items you pick up by 10,000.

So, basically, items give you points AND raise your multiplier. So your first goal is to max out your multiplier (Really easy to do on those boulder-spitting volcanoes), and then you want to pick up the big items, to give them that max multiplier.

There is also a way to gain enough gems on screen that, when you run out of crazy mode, you'll collect enough of those big gems to completely fill your crazy meter, allowing you to immidiately go crazy again.

Sorry that took so long xD I really wish I had a way to play this game with you, I may have to fork out the cash for a jp copy.

brunoafh wrote:
dunpeal2064 wrote:

It's worth it imo.

So, I tried this out in MAME now that I have a good setup for it (VGA, CRT, Scanlines, YAY), holy crap is the Saturn version terrible. I want to do a side-by-side video, as the loading times are hilarious, and the sound quality is drastically different. I'd like to see how much closer to the original the psx port is. I know its supposed to be much better than the Saturn port.

I'm having a tough time with this MAME thing. I like to own games, but with the setup I have, the games look and play better through MAME. I guess I could go supergun+pcbs, if I ever get a better job. Lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:07 pm 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

I'll sell you the Platinum Hits version for $25 shipped. For everyone else it's more. :P

As for what shmup I am playing, I have been playing a bunch to decide what to get from rancor.

Bike Banditz is what I was most recently playing a few minutes ago. It's quite a bit like Progear but much more colorful. Very well made doujin shmup released in 2003, I think.

Steam: Erikdayo ||| Origin: Erikdayo ||| UPlay: Erikdayo ||| SE ID: Erikdayo
XBL ID: Erikdayo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:22 pm 
Next-Gen

ZenErik wrote:
I'll sell you the Platinum Hits version for $25 shipped. For everyone else it's more. :P

As for what shmup I am playing, I have been playing a bunch to decide what to get from rancor.

Bike Banditz is what I was most recently playing a few minutes ago. It's quite a bit like Progear but much more colorful. Very well made doujin shmup released in 2003, I think.

You should hold that for me, I'll buy it once I have dat PP :) I need to get some Doujin suggestions from you, now that I have a pc for the first time in... erm, like 10 years :shock: and that one had like 256 mgs of ram

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:59 pm 
Next-Gen

I'm playing through Darius Gaiden for the first time in a long time. It seems strangely difficult to me. The enemy bullets can be a bit hard to see.

Thank goodness for the P2 swap trick. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:53 pm 
Next-Gen

Played just a little of Jamestown last night, but today I put in UN Squadron. Such an great shmup.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:24 am 
Former Moderator

Fuck you Levels 9 and 10 of Ketsui Death Label Very Hard Mode. Fuck you very much :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:44 am 
Next-Gen

Tyrian 2000. It's not amazing, but the upgrade system is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1826 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 183  Next