Best SFC Parodius game?

2D Shooters Invade
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Best SFC Parodius game?

Post by GSZX1337 »

Dylan wrote:
Flak Beard wrote:That's one of the reasons why I like the first game better, it doesn't have the "chatting" aspect. I never thought about disabling the voice in an emulator though. I'm assuming you're turning off one of the sound channels?

Yup, sound channel 6. It seriously makes the game 100 times better.

Does it disable any music or sound effects? I noticed that when I disable channels not only will an instrument be taken out, a sound effect will be gone as well.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

My favorite is Gokujyou Parodius, mostly because it has my favorite series of bosses. That and the game still makes me laugh. Gamewise I am not sure I can quantify it in technical terms since I am not a big fan of horis.
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

GSZX1337 wrote:
Dylan wrote:
Flak Beard wrote:That's one of the reasons why I like the first game better, it doesn't have the "chatting" aspect. I never thought about disabling the voice in an emulator though. I'm assuming you're turning off one of the sound channels?

Yup, sound channel 6. It seriously makes the game 100 times better.

Does it disable any music or sound effects? I noticed that when I disable channels not only will an instrument be taken out, a sound effect will be gone as well.

No, actually. They gave that guy his own sound channel because he talks perpetually. At least, I didn't notice anything remarkably different (to be fair though, I only played the game halfway through once before I figured out that I could do this).