Brawlers and Beatemups
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Re: Samurai Shodown Anthology

by ott0bot Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:19 pm

Ack wrote:Careful where you say that, SS3 seems to be the one that causes division between the fans. You either love it or hate it. Personally, I enjoyed it, but I know some guys on here really didn't.

oh dear. must I run in fear or face the rath of rabid samurai showdown fans out for blood?

uhh....yeah. be afraid....be very afraid.

:lol:

i liked it, but i didn't spend that much time with it. the fact that the jumping was made a bit more realistic was cool. big colorful character sprites too. I liked the syle, the gameplay i was still getting the hang of, but it seemed promising too me.
Ack

by Ack Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Personal I thought some of the stage designs were great(particularly the raft), and while I realize the slowdown was a bit of a problem, I actually felt it added a bit to the game, since I only ever got it when a hit would connect. Made it fell...stylized. Especially when I killed someone and they flew in half.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
ott0bot
Next-Gen

by ott0bot Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Ack wrote: Especially when I killed someone and they flew in half.

thats just satifying isn't it. most of the games had this right? ...or their artery sprayed all over. Did you have to do the right slash for the kill? was it random? i never was really sure...
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Ack wrote:It includes Samurai Shodown I through V, V Special, and VI.

Seems like it's a good time for me to get into Samurai ShoDown. :)
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:29 pm

What would be the advantage of buying this disc for the Wii over downloading the games on VC?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Ack

by Ack Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:29 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:What would be the advantage of buying this disc for the Wii over downloading the games on VC?

Samurai Shodown VI was never released in the United States, so as of right now this will be the only official way to play it.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
corn619
Next-Gen

by corn619 Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:40 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:What would be the advantage of buying this disc for the Wii over downloading the games on VC?
You own a disc and can resell it after your done. Downloads don't resell to well.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:34 pm

corn619 wrote:
You own a disc and can resell it after your done. Downloads don't resell to well.

I would assume the collectionwould be cheaper as well.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
vlame
Next-Gen

by vlame Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:59 pm

what's wrong with the american orochi saga?
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:32 pm

The problem with the US Orochi Saga (from what I have read) is that it was not a localization. The Japanese version was done in-house by SNK Playmore and is said to be a solid collection with almost perfect emulation. The US version is a complete rebuild by an outsourced company and is supposedly filled with bugs and emulation issues. I haven't played the collection but I have read a lot of bad comments and reviews.

I think SNK Playmore outsourced the US Samurai Sho(w)down Anthology to the same company. A lot of SNK fans are waiting on pins and needles to see if it suffers from the same issues the US Orochi Saga did.
Return to Fighters