Samurai Shodown Anthology

Brawlers and Beatemups
Ack

Re: Samurai Shodown Anthology

Post by Ack »

wip3outguy7 wrote:The problem with the US Orochi Saga (from what I have read) is that it was not a localization. The Japanese version was done in-house by SNK Playmore and is said to be a solid collection with almost perfect emulation. The US version is a complete rebuild by an outsourced company and is supposedly filled with bugs and emulation issues. I haven't played the collection but I have read a lot of bad comments and reviews.

I think SNK Playmore outsourced the US Samurai Sho(w)down Anthology to the same company. A lot of SNK fans are waiting on pins and needles to see if it suffers from the same issues the US Orochi Saga did.

Ugh...guess we'll have to wait and see then.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

The good news *crosses fingers* is that King of Fighters '98 Ultimate is supposed to be a simple localization. So it should be relatively unchanged from the Japanese release. Anyone considering an Orochi Sage purchase should just wait until March for Ultimate.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

wip3outguy7 wrote:The good news *crosses fingers* is that King of Fighters '98 Ultimate is supposed to be a simple localization. So it should be relatively unchanged from the Japanese release. Anyone considering an Orochi Sage purchase should just wait until March for Ultimate.

well i own all of snk's fighter releases on ps2, except the kof 00/01 set (aren't these going to be on NESTS saga any ways?) or SS games. and orochi was only $11 new on amazon.

it doesn't play bad, but i'd rather on dreamcast tho.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

wip3outguy7 wrote:The problem with the US Orochi Saga (from what I have read) is that it was not a localization. The Japanese version was done in-house by SNK Playmore and is said to be a solid collection with almost perfect emulation. The US version is a complete rebuild by an outsourced company and is supposedly filled with bugs and emulation issues. I haven't played the collection but I have read a lot of bad comments and reviews.

I think SNK Playmore outsourced the US Samurai Sho(w)down Anthology to the same company. A lot of SNK fans are waiting on pins and needles to see if it suffers from the same issues the US Orochi Saga did.

Why in the world would they do that? The work was already done...
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Isn't that the $20 question?
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

I hope the PSP port is decent. PSP is my favorite system for games like this right now. I really don't make time for games like this unless I am traveling. Quality of the port is less important as I will actually play them on PSP perfect or not.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

...the PSP version is said to be almost unplayable. Almost all games are crippled by slowdown and input lag. Special move input combination is randomly ignored by some games - slim psp dpad or not. You are better off with CFW and a Neo Geo emulator if you want to play Samurai Shodown on your PSP.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

damn that sucks, isn't there a japanese iso i could play on my cfw, too bad my emulator is bonked and i'm too lazy to re-dl it, lol.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Pretty sure the Japan iso is out. I have no idea where to find it. I sold my PSP about a month ago and haven't had a reason to keep up with the "scene".
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Game is out for PS2. Must be ordered online.