X-Men vs Street Fighter - Best Versus Fighter Ever?

Brawlers and Beatemups
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

neohx_7 wrote:
ravenmgs wrote:I've never heard the term "v.s. fighter" applied exclusively to the capcom crossover games. I have alwayse heard them refered to as "crossover titles" ect.

I've often heard the term "vs" games to describe the Capcom/Marvel series. Either way, they haven't changed Zangief's sprite since 1995 so the games are all just variations of Street Fighter Alpha.

*ducks

If it ant broke, don't fix it. I alwayse seporated fighters into v.s. fighters and beat-em-ups.
Majors
128-bit

CvS2 all the way

Post by Majors »

Even after 5 years, I still go back to Capcom vs. SNK 2 on my DC. Sure, we have a had a little rush recently with SamSho Tenka, Battle Coliseum and KoF XI, but I think Capcom had a perfect game with CvS2.
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: CvS2 all the way

Post by racketboy »

Majors wrote:Even after 5 years, I still go back to Capcom vs. SNK 2 on my DC. Sure, we have a had a little rush recently with SamSho Tenka, Battle Coliseum and KoF XI, but I think Capcom had a perfect game with CvS2.

wow -- I'm envious :)

And welcome to the boards! :D
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

Majors wrote:Even after 5 years, I still go back to Capcom vs. SNK 2 on my DC. Sure, we have a had a little rush recently with SamSho Tenka, Battle Coliseum and KoF XI, but I think Capcom had a perfect game with CvS2.

CVSNK2 is 5 years old :O omg I need to like, get a job or something. Feels like 6-7 months ago to me, lol!
Majors
128-bit

Post by Majors »

ravenmgs wrote:CVSNK2 is 5 years old :O omg I need to like, get a job or something. Feels like 6-7 months ago to me, lol!

Think of the anouncer from the intro..."This is the tournament for the new millennium...Millionaire Fighting 2001!"
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

Damn, I feel old now
Saraph
64-bit

Post by Saraph »

Majors wrote:
ravenmgs wrote:CVSNK2 is 5 years old :O omg I need to like, get a job or something. Feels like 6-7 months ago to me, lol!

Think of the anouncer from the intro..."This is the tournament for the new millennium...Millionaire Fighting 2001!"

Dude, I AM getting old. I still play that game all the time with my friends. SVC:Chaos is still new to me.
Conn
24-bit

Post by Conn »

I've only played Marvel Super Heroes, but I expect Marvel Super Heroes VS Street Fighter is even better.