New Marvel vs Capcom?

Brawlers and Beatemups
Bootaaay
128-bit

Post by Bootaaay »

Well, you can import Battle Fantasia for the PS3 - the 360 version is coming to the west, but not the PS3 version. Also, BlazBlue is going to be a downloadable title, I think? So it should be quite easy to obtain outside of Japan. Sengoku Basara X is a bit different, luckily my PS3 is JP and fully backwards compatible so i'll be able to play it ;p
Majors
128-bit

Post by Majors »

Ack wrote:about the lack of good fighters coming out, and about how few people actually play fighters anymore, especially 2D ones.

Gamers are out there. But next week most of the scrubs and all the top-tier cats will be in Vegas.

When you say lack of good fighters, what do you want? Games from 5 years ago(Third, Marvel, CvS2) are still the top dogs, even with GG, NGBC, Arcana, XI, HnK, Cross, KoF:MI, Jam, Melty and the lot coming out.
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
Ack

Post by Ack »

Did Melty Blood even get brought over here? The sad thing is, I own and play a good chunk of those already...

And is that Capcom Fighting Jam you're referring to? Didn't most people hate that game because all Capcom did was do poor rips of characters from a bunch of their properties?

Also...Arcana Heart really worth picking up? I hadn't heard anything on it...actually, the only way I learn about new 2D fighters is usually through you guys, because almost nobody I know plays them. Seriously. Hence my waxing poetical.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Ack wrote:Did Melty Blood even get brought over here? The sad thing is, I own and play a good chunk of those already...

And is that Capcom Fighting Jam you're referring to? Didn't most people hate that game because all Capcom did was do poor rips of characters from a bunch of their properties?

Also...Arcana Heart really worth picking up? I hadn't heard anything on it...actually, the only way I learn about new 2D fighters is usually through you guys, because almost nobody I know plays them. Seriously. Hence my waxing poetical.

I just bought Arcana Heart. It's good, it feels like JoJo's venture with a hint of M vs Cap. Not super fast paced, but good combo system. End boss in insanely hard in story mode....i hate her. Good character dynamics and it's nice that you can choose different arcana's(like a stand in JoJo's...sorta). Good specials, moves aren't overly complicated. Hit zones seem fair and damage seems appropriate...except on the end boss. Sound effects are somtimes annoying(mostly the voices), but music is ok. levels and characters are really detailed and look beautiful. I made a post about it but didn't get much response. I got it for 11 bucks so I'm happy. If you can find it for under 20 i say pick it up.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Shoot, sorry I missed that. Thanks for the head's up, ott0bot, I'll definitely start looking for it now.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Geshmaal wrote:I'm just hoping they increase the roster size from MvC2's. I want Deadpool, Thor, Dante and Zero! Or else!

I want Sister Grimm from the Runaways. And Nero from DMC4.