New Capcom 2D Crossover Fighter Planned

Brawlers and Beatemups
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

RyanDG wrote:http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215298_1124.html

Direct feed images from Famitsu.

Ooooh! Pretty!
Looks kinda like the style from SSF2 HD....
Ack

Post by Ack »

Is it just me, or does there look to be 4 player action in a couple of those screenshots?
RyanDG
8-bit

Post by RyanDG »

Ack wrote:Is it just me, or does there look to be 4 player action in a couple of those screenshots?

The game is confirmed to use a 2vs2 tag system.
Ack

Post by Ack »

SWEET
Lodestar
128-bit

Post by Lodestar »

Agh, why couldn't they make SFIV look like this? The screens are beautiful.
RyanDG
8-bit

Post by RyanDG »

Lodestar wrote:Agh, why couldn't they make SFIV look like this? The screens are beautiful.

I'm really curious what hardware Capcom is putting this on... The aspect ratio of the screens and size of the models implies to me that its not on the Type X2... I'm almost thinking that we may be looking at another System 246/256 release by Capcom which means that a PS2/Wii port isn't out of the question.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

RyanDG wrote:
Lodestar wrote:Agh, why couldn't they make SFIV look like this? The screens are beautiful.

I'm really curious what hardware Capcom is putting this on... The aspect ratio of the screens and size of the models implies to me that its not on the Type X2... I'm almost thinking that we may be looking at another System 246/256 release by Capcom which means that a PS2/Wii port isn't out of the question.

With the character set that definitely caters more to the Japanese audience, I wonder if we'll see it come stateside....
Ack

Post by Ack »

If not I'll definitely be looking into importing it.
RyanDG
8-bit

Post by RyanDG »

racketboy wrote:With the character set that definitely caters more to the Japanese audience, I wonder if we'll see it come stateside....

I'm more worried about the licensing for the characters. Several of these properties have western rights under so many different companies a release in the US is going to be a logistical nightmare (although not completely out of the realm of possibility - especially if they keep that in mind when choose the character roster - which I'm sure they will).
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

very true