I like 94' but, I like 95' even more.... Then that's when old SNK lost me. :D
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

Post by All Hail The New Flesh »

personally, I like 98 the most
americankgb
16-bit

Post by americankgb »

Although it's not king of fighters. I think neo geo battle coliseum is one of my favorite fighters. You have all the best from snk plus marco from metal slug and a few other nice additions.
Zork
32-bit

Post by Zork »

I'm kinda new to KoF but my favorite one has to be 2003 so far...granted I've only played 94, 2002 and 2003. I'd really like to play XI and 98 but I don't feel like putting forth the effort to get XI so I'll get a copy of 98 for my Saturn, shut up and be happy. Btw does 98 Work with the 4MB Cart, I've never gotten a really clear answer on this.
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

Post by All Hail The New Flesh »

Zork wrote:I'm kinda new to KoF but my favorite one has to be 2003 so far...granted I've only played 94, 2002 and 2003. I'd really like to play XI and 98 but I don't feel like putting forth the effort to get XI so I'll get a copy of 98 for my Saturn, shut up and be happy. Btw does 98 Work with the 4MB Cart, I've never gotten a really clear answer on this.

Don't bother get the one for the Saturn, get the one for the Dreamcast (if you have one) but the strange thing is that its titled "King of Fighters 99", it is actually 98, don't let the name fool you. Also, its cheap and it was out in the states
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

All Hail The New Flesh wrote:Don't bother get the one for the Saturn, get the one for the Dreamcast (if you have one) but the strange thing is that its titled "King of Fighters 99", it is actually 98, don't let the name fool you. Also, its cheap and it was out in the states

KOF99 Dream Match is actually KOF98, but KOF 99 Evo is truly 99.
Zork
32-bit

Post by Zork »

Ahh I see thanks for you help :D
Lan-Di
24-bit

Post by Lan-Di »

Mozgus wrote:
All Hail The New Flesh wrote:Don't bother get the one for the Saturn, get the one for the Dreamcast (if you have one) but the strange thing is that its titled "King of Fighters 99", it is actually 98, don't let the name fool you. Also, its cheap and it was out in the states

I always thought it was strange how, "KOF '99 Dream Match" features all the characters and backgrounds
from "KOF '98 Slugfest" but, features a soundtrack that represents music from KOF '95, '96, '97 but not a single track from the original '98 Slugfest, save for the character select screen and victory screen. :lol:

I suppose, '98 Neo-Geo, was meant to be the final game in the series which makes '99 Dream Match the.........
Last edited by Lan-Di on Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Lan-Di wrote:
Mozgus wrote:

I always thought it was strange how, "KOF '99 Dream Match" features all the characters and backgrounds
from "KOF '98 Slugfest" but, features a soundtrack that represents music from KOF '95, '96, '97 but not a single track from the original '98 Slugfest, save for the character select screen and victory screen.... :lol:

Dream Match was more or less a KOF orgy in disc form. A sloppy orgy. I really hated that game. 99 Evo is a much better product.
Lan-Di
24-bit

Post by Lan-Di »

Mozgus wrote:
Lan-Di wrote:
Mozgus wrote:

from "KOF '98 Slugfest" but, features a soundtrack that represents music from KOF '95, '96, '97 but not a single track from the original '98 Slugfest, save for the character select screen and victory screen.... :lol:

Dream Match was more or less a KOF orgy in disc form. A sloppy orgy. I really hated that game. 99 Evo is a much better product.

That's what I was thinking! :lol: