Fight Quest

Brawlers and Beatemups
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ok, well, now that I'm all moved in, I decided I'd take a look and see what I could grab, and I ordered a few new titles.

Ballz 3D
Clayfighter Tournament Edition
Doomsday Warrior
Power Instinct
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Super Street Fighter 2

And though I know it's not part of the list as it's a beat 'em up, I ordered Final Fight, cause it's a great game.

So once I get these, that might actually be it. Does anybody else know of any SNES fighters released in the US that I don't have? The list of what I've got is still posted on page 1
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

whoa didn't know about power instinct on the snes
Ack

Post by Ack »

To be honest, I didn't either. I got lucky and found some random site that mentioned it under a completely different name, and I looked into it.
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

I just re-read the list, are you missing Super Street Fighter II??
Ack

Post by Ack »

Actually I picked it up off eBay today. It was the only one of the three versions of Street Fighter 2 that I didn't have.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ok, just got in working copies of the following titles:

Ballz 3D
Clayfighter Tournament Edition
Doomsday Warrior
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Super Street Fighter 2

So I'm waiting on Power Instinct, and since I'm not counting wrestling games, King of the Monsters 1 and 2 and Pitfighter will be out...I'll have them all. I'll begin writing a few notes about them.
nateup2
128-bit

Post by nateup2 »

I really don't understand this SNES brawler quest.

I play many sidescrollers and rpgs on SNES, but haven't played a fighter on one for at least 10 years... got Saturn and DC for that!

To each they own

That SNES port of Street Fight Alpha 2 was pretty impressive if I remember correctly!
Funk, E
128-bit

Post by Funk, E »

Pitfighter's not a wrestling game. It's very definitely a fighter.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Funk, E wrote:Pitfighter's not a wrestling game. It's very definitely a fighter.

A horrible fighter that feels like a brawler where you never advance in the level. You just have to sit in that stupid arena and tap your buttons and pretend it doing something constuctive. Worst game ever. Even if it's considered a fighter....it's one that would e worth keeping OUT of you collection. :D
nateup2
128-bit

Post by nateup2 »

ott0bot wrote:
Funk, E wrote:Pitfighter's not a wrestling game. It's very definitely a fighter.

A horrible fighter that feels like a brawler where you never advance in the level. You just have to sit in that stupid arena and tap your buttons and pretend it doing something constuctive. Worst game ever. Even if it's considered a fighter....it's one that would e worth keeping OUT of you collection. :D

wait a minute ther buddy... what about them beautiful digitized sprites?

what were you thinking?