Best MVS Fighters

Brawlers and Beatemups
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Best MVS Fighters

Post by fastbilly1 »

travis_stywall wrote:This list is pretty legit. I'd add KOF 2002 and Rage of the Dragons to that list as well. Also, for shits and giggles, go ahead and add SNK vs. Capcom: Chaos.

SNK vs. Capcom: Chaos starts at $400 though
travis_stywall
16-bit

Post by travis_stywall »

Really?! I honestly didn't know that. I just had a pizza joint that closed down close to my apartment that got rid of an MVS cab that came with Metal Slug and SNK v. Capcom: Chaos for $250.
marurun

Post by marurun »

World Heroes Perfect isn't bad.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
meat
64-bit

Post by meat »

marurun wrote:World Heroes Perfect isn't bad.

x2 on that suggestion.Its also on the world heroes anthology for ps2 which is cheap.
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Honestly I wish I had a mvc machine for my game room or an avs but I couldn't afford it.
Luckily I started my ps2 collection about almost two years ago and I'm grateful to own neo geo on the ps2.
Art of fighting anthology
Fatal fury anthology vol 1
Fatal fury anthology vol 2
King of fighters orchi saga
Kof 00/01
Kof 02/03
Kof IX
Metal slug anthology
Neo get battle coliseum
Samurai showdown anthology
SNK classics volume one
World heroes anthology
Now all I need is just those last kof series and two neo geo sticks and I'm good to go
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I think my tastes must just be unique but SS2 never did a whole lot for me, it's good, not bad, but I prefer the odd numbered games, by far especially #3. I've never played #5 though but I do have a soft spot for #1 as it was my first SNK fighter. The only other weapon combat game I've enjoyed would be The Last Blade, never played the sequel on that one either.

World Heroes, the original one has a unique system on how the kick/punch buttons work, it's time(pressure) sensitive so longer you hold it the more damage it does on a SF2 scale of light medium and hard. It's cheesy fun with total knockoff characters from the SF2 family to clearly 'Dragon' being Bruce Lee.

Probably no surprise here since it seems the strong suggestion of it all but KOF98 I really call my favorite of those, and in the Fatal Fury world I like FF Special. I'll admit I've never come across Garou though, so I can't speak for that one.

Truth be told I know some of you know I have a MVS cabinet I got a couple months back, it came with a 161in1 cart and it has most of the fighting games released for the system on it. I've really cracked little into them as I'm finding myself more drawn to the oddball non-fighters SNK put out like some of the platformers, sports, puzzles, and other goofy things as they're pretty fun.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Yeah, I guess "reasonable" and "affordable" are really ambiguous terms when you're talking about NeoGeo. I mean under $100 preferably but definitely under $200.

I've got Samurai Shodown II on my NeoGeo CD. I'd like to get into the fighting genre, and I figure that an actual arcade machine is probably the best way to do that. Then again, an arcade machine is the best way to do anything. :lol:

Which game in the KoF series would yall suggest I get first?

Under $200? You can get most of the fighting games out there on mvs (assuming you're not picky about region/condition and are just going for bare cart) other than SamSho V Special and SvC Chaos I think. Certainly you can get the first 4 SS, all the KoF, all the FF/RBFF (including Garou if you're quick about it - it seems to run $150ish but sells in an instant from what I've seen), all the WH... I have all of those and I have yet to pay over $200 for a cart, rarely will I even top $100. You're not limiting yourself very much with those limits.

Even under $100.. you're getting all the KoF, the first 4 SS, the first 3 WH, most of the FF/RBFF other than Garou, Burning Fight, I think the first Breakers...
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread