Street Fighter III: 3RD Strike

Brawlers and Beatemups
Anapan
Next-Gen

Street Fighter III: 3RD Strike

Post by Anapan »

I really wanted to play this game legit. The consoles said online edition so I bought them, but the game looks like total crap in every incarnation - the resolution was scaled before they applied the horrible NTSC blur/scanline/shit filter. There is no option to play it in 1:1 in the center, and even tho 1:2 unfiltered would be very nice, that's just not available.
I finally managed to get a packaged emulator that, with tweaking of my video card's supported modes and it's flexible screen mode emulation did get 60FPS and I could play with bluetooth PS3 controllers for multiplayer.
It was fairly simple for me to spend the time downloading and configuring it, but if I relied on my consoles, I'd be pretty angry that I payed that much money twice and my eyes bled when I tried to play it.
Is this game really not available legitimately in any sort of 1:1 emulation without breaking the law?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: Street Fighter III: 3RD Strike

Post by CD AGES »

The only console port of 3S that gets the resolution as close to arcade is the Dreamcast release (not by default mind you but fairly easy to access). Unfortunately, this version doesn't suit my personal needs as I play the game semi-competitively at local and major gatherings. DC version is based on a revision update that isn't viable in competitive standards. I own it, I play if once in while simply out of nostalgia. My main version to play outside of CPS3 is Online Edition 360 port running on Svideo on a CRT TV with all filters off, or on a PC CRT Monitor via VGA which actually looks pretty damn good in the right settings.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I'd never thought of forced hardware-downgrading the HD into SD, but the solution checks out!
That looks really great!
I considered getting one of those HD-SD RGB scalers mentioned on Fudo's page, but this is perfection on my CRTs - there's no need!
Thanks!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Glad to hear. Have fun. 3S rocks :)