So, late to the SF IV party...

Brawlers and Beatemups
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: So, late to the SF IV party...

Post by Exhuminator »

the7k wrote:There's still plenty to like about the game regardless.

I wasn't implying that there isn't. And I wasn't saying that parrying was a bad thing either. I did indeed say the character designs are bad though.
the7k wrote:Oh and 3S is tied with VSav for best character design Capcom has ever come up with.

"best character design Capcom has ever come up with":
Hugo - Flamboyantly gay Andre the Giant rip off who stole Dan's pink meme.

Necro - No idea what this is seven supposed to be. Apparently the designers didn't either. So they gave him neon purple pants and orange tattoos to divert your attention from his micro sized head.

Urien - A vain bodybuilder addicted to tanning beds and is too sexy for his clothes so enjoy the precariously folded loin cloth.

Oro - Some kind of mangy malnourished homeless man?

Alex - Hey look, it's Guile having a bad hair day with his shirt off.

Dudley - Balrog took up working as a butler.

Sean - Oh look Ryu got a tan and put his hair in corn rows.

Remy - Some kind of KoF reject obsessed with his hair.

Twelve - The Pillsbury doughboy got tired of people poking his flabby stomach so he hit the gym.

Q - A robot detective who constantly plays an invisible piano.

Gill - This is Urien on drugs. Any questions?

Elana - She wears as little clothing as possible to distract you from her humongous feet.

/objective

As in objectively terrible? I can agree with that.
Last edited by Exhuminator on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

noiseredux wrote:I adore the look of 3rd Strike. I love the weird and unique roster.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Now I cant play Q anymore, I will always think he is playing an invisible piano.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

It kills me that people actually thinks SF4 netcode is anything other than unacceptable.

.Especially in a game so extremely dependant on one frame links. Hell my main has 4 one frame links in her basic BnB.

It's not the worst netcode, but most games with worse netcode had one frame links that were accidents - no one frame links as a foundation of the game's combo system.

Ex: There's plenty of legit reasons to hate 3S. Hating the characters just shows you are a tasteless, uncultured swine.
marurun

Post by marurun »

the7k wrote:tasteless, uncultured swine.

Them's fighting words! Even though I disagree with Ex, I suspect at heart he is made of bacon, therefore he is tasty, uncultured swine.

Ex, I hope you understand. Calling you bacon is a compliment of the highest order. It is second only to being called lasagna.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

the7k wrote:Hating the characters just shows you are a tasteless, uncultured swine.

Resulting to an ad hominem based retort shows you are of a tactless, incapable mind.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Exhuminator wrote:
the7k wrote:Hating the characters just shows you are a tasteless, uncultured swine.

Resulting to an ad hominem based retort shows you are of a tactless, incapable mind.

I think the word you are looking for is "resorting," ye oafish, plonker of a cumberground.

It's kind of impossible for me to attack in any way other than an ad hominem because you haven't laid your cards on the table. If SF3's designs are so bad, then what designs do you consider to be so good? Because honestly if you consider SF3's designs to be bad, I don't see how you can consider any of the rest of Street Fighter's designs to be great. Appealing? Simple? Familiar? Yeah, sure, they are definitely that, but there's not much exciting going on.

Anyway, I should probably sit this topic out. Everytime I think about SF4, it makes me so angry - specifically at the fighting game community - for allowing this game to thrive even while most out and out claim to hate it. Hell, one of the more active and well-trained communities a state away were saying how they can't wait for SFV, saying "SF4 was just a bad dream" and "What, there was a game between 3 and 5?" and I'm just sitting there like "Why the hell did you guys keep playing it? Why did you let good games die just so that this miserable pile could continue existing?" I just don't get it. It makes me so angry.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

the7k wrote:I think the word you are looking for is "resorting," ye oafish, plonker of a cumberground.

It's called auto-correct, something modern smartphones do while you're not looking.

I would be willing to explain to you why SF III's character designs are sub-par, in a way that's intellectual rather than snide. But I would only be willing to do so, if you bothered to show even an ounce of respect towards me. You don't know me, nor do you know my gaming history or knowledge. You have no factual repository to accuse that I'm an uncultured oafish plonker swine whatever. On a more regulated forum you'd have gotten a temporary ban for your childish attitude.

I will reiterate that Street Fighter III's new character designs are utter trash. And Street Fighter IV is a really, really great game. Hence its popularity and continued staying power. Thankfully Street Fighter V is an evolution of everything IV is, with little regard to what III was. Now have a nice day sir.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Exhuminator wrote:I will reiterate that Street Fighter III's new character designs are utter trash. And Street Fighter IV is a really, really great game. Hence its popularity and continued staying power. Thankfully Street Fighter V is an evolution of everything IV is, with little regard to what III was. Now have a nice day sir.

Umm. Ok so III's character designs are trash by your accounts but whats IV got going for it in same category. Seriously now? Rufus, a fat obese dude in a yellow jump suit. Viper, a double agent woman which looks like some SNK reject. Seth, a boss character who is a clear rip off of a SF III boss character (yeah, one of those "trashy" characters. Oh the irony :lol:), Hakan. You have a bone pick character designs like Oro, Necro, but Hakan gets a pass? Ok.
IV's popularity (especially over its predecessor!) was the result of a series being dormant for well over a decade and Capcom efforts in marketing the game effectively. These are 2 luxuries III series wasn't so fortunate to have. As a matter of fact, it had to compete for a place within its own series at the time with Alpha series, EX series and the Vs. series not to mention every other fighting game in the market in the late 90's. The genre was oversaturated. There was nothing IV had to compete with in 2009.
V an evolution of everything IV is!? Have you played the game or even analyzed competent match footage of the game because that couldn't further from the truth :roll:
So where are the Focus attacks then? The Ultra Combo system? Invincibility on backdashers, all of these features that are staple to SF IV? Gone.
V sees the return of the Stun meter, Ryu's ability to parry, tech'able knockdowns. Features prevalent in SF III series. Heck, even the life HUD looks nearly identical to SF III's
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

fastbilly1 wrote:Now I cant play Q anymore, I will always think he is playing an invisible piano.

Unfortunate to say, I now seem to be a victim of this also :lol: