So, late to the SF IV party...

Brawlers and Beatemups
Ack

Re: So, late to the SF IV party...

Post by Ack »

Guys, guys, cool it. ALL Street Fighter characters look like ass. All of them. With one exception.

<-- This guy.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Speaking of looks, anybody know of any cool PC USF4 mods to check out?
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

I remember my choice to purchase a DC originally was solely based on the fact that it was going to be the only console that was going to have a home port of SF 3.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

TSTR wrote:Speaking of looks, anybody know of any cool PC USF4 mods to check out?

For you good sir I would think that the only thing you would need is...NUDE MODS!!!! Especially for characters like Hakan, what with the oil and all! WOOOOOO!!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
TSTR wrote:Speaking of looks, anybody know of any cool PC USF4 mods to check out?

For you good sir I would think that the only thing you would need is...NUDE MODS!!!! Especially for characters like Hakan, what with the oil and all! WOOOOOO!!!!

now that sounds like a greasy good time
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Exhuminator wrote:Did I ever say I thought SF IV's character designs were superior to SF III's? No I did not. This is actually what I said about SF IV's character designs:
Exhuminator wrote:I do think the character models are too "thick", even the men look like they're overly "big boned", and the women all have thunder thighs.

You are creating a strawman argument based on a contrast that I never presented as any sort of proof of SF IV's superiority over SF III.

No. No you did not. Though you found it necessary to nitpick the new cast in III. So allow me to do the same for IV. :lol:

Exhuminator wrote:Street Fighter EX3 didn't exist? Or does it conveniently not count as an actual Street Fighter game, despite being named as such?

It did. Came out in 2000. i don't know if its convenient or not, but yeah... it is a spin off to the main Street Fighter series and its continuity.

Exhuminator wrote:Street Fighter IV was popular for many reasons. Not the least of which were its amazing graphics, fast 3D fighting engine, and robust online capabilities. It was popular for all sorts of combat mechanics which you yourself listed in excess. It was also made available on all kinds of platforms, thus making it highly accessible for maximum demographic exposure.

No bones about that. All of which was Capcom's goal to make the game more appealing to a larger demographic and putting the game out there for everyone to play. III didn't have all these advantages during its time. No online matchmaking for quite some time, 3rd Strike remained a DC exclusive for a while and was unfortunately based on a revision that wasn't acceptable to its own player base. :(

Exhuminator wrote:Nothing except Tekken 6, The King of Fighters XII, and BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger that is.

3D Fighters like Tekken and 2D Fighters like SF cater to a completely different player base among the Fighting Community. Besides, Tekken series has remained active since its first release and as such has been stagnating in popularity since the release of Tekken 6. KoF XII came out after IV's release and it didn't help that the game a VERY incomplete product. Again BB's release came after IV. There was no major fighting game release before IV came into the picture.
Exhuminator wrote:Did III have Crush Counters? Chip damage on normals? V-Skills? V-Reversals?

No. and neither does IV. A new entry should contribute something new no?