BUMP CLUB - New Beat 'Em Ups every 3 Months - LIST UP!

Brawlers and Beatemups
mjmjr25

BUMP CLUB - New Beat 'Em Ups every 3 Months - LIST UP!

Post by mjmjr25 »

Greetings,

Welcome to the BUMP Club.

OVERVIEW
A place to compete, discuss, and otherwise enjoy the Beat 'Em Up Genre...or discuss our pregnancies. Either or...

The Rules:
-There will be (4) games every quarter
-Anyone can play
-You can play 1, 2, 3 or all 4 games
-Discuss strategy
-Discuss in-game secrets
-Post Hi-Scores (on 1 credit)
-Post when you playthrough (and how many credits you used)
-Discuss characters
-Discuss combos
-Enjoy!
-Games should not have farming available (this makes hi-scores pointless and can give multiple extends). Typically this will be auto-scroll, time-scroll, or limited enemy spawning games.
-Any format acceptable (Arcade / MAME / Console) - please discuss which format you are playing
-When posting a playthrough or hi-score; please indicate format, if a playthrough, indicate how many credits. There are no prizes - but it's fun to push to do better.
-Next BUMP calendar starts on 4.1.15 through 6.30.15
-All spoilers are direct copy / paste from Wikipedia

APRIL GAMES:
GROWL

Growl, known in Japan as Runark (ルナーク Runāku?), is a belt-scrolling beat-'em-up originally released for the arcades by Taito in 1990. Set in the early 20th century, the player controls a forest ranger who must protect the local wildlife from a group of evil poachers who are driving the animals to extinction. A home version was released for the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) on November 1991. It was also included in the arcade game compilation Taito Legends 2 for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and Microsoft Windows.

KNIGHTS OF VALOR PLUS
Knights of Valour (simplified Chinese: 三国战纪; traditional Chinese: 三國戰紀; pinyin: Sān Guó Zhàn Jì) is a side-scrolling Beat 'em up action arcade game released by International Games System in 1999. The plot is loosely adapted from the Chinese historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms and features the Five Tiger Generals, Zhuge Liang, Diaochan and others as playable characters. The gameplay involves the use of magical powers that are not featured in other games also based on the novel. The game was released in Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and English.

Editions
Knights of Valour Plus (1999)
Knights of Valour Superheroes (1999)
Knights of Valour Superheroes Plus (1999)
Knights of Valour 2 (2000)
Knights of Valour 2 - Nine Dragons (2001)
Knights of Valour - The Seven Spirits (2003)
Knights of Valour 2 - New Legend (2008)
Knights of Valour 3 (2011)
Knights of Valour 3 HD (2012)
Knights of Valour (2015)

SENGOKU 3
Sengoku 3 (戦国 伝承 2001, Sengoku Denshō 2001) is a side-scrolling beat up game developed by Noise Factory and published by SNK. The game is the third and final title of the Sengoku series. It was released in arcades on October 25, 2001. The main illustrations were done by Shiroi Eiji, making it one of his final jobs for SNK before he left the company.

VIGILANTE
Vigilante (ビジランテ?) is a 1988 beat 'em up arcade game developed and published by Irem in Japan and Europe and published in North America by Data East. It is considered as a spiritual sequel to Irem's earlier Kung-Fu Master.

mjmjr25

Re: BUMP CLUB - New Beat 'Em Ups every 3 Months

Post by mjmjr25 »

GAME LIST
Alien vs Predator
Armored Warriors
Asterix
Bare Knuckle III
Batman Returns
Battle Circuit
Battletoads
Big Fight
Bucky O'Hare
Burning Fight
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Captain America and The Avengers
Captain Commando
Crows
Crystal of Kings
D.D. Crew
Death and Return of Superman
Demolish Fist
Dengin Makai
Dengin Makai II
DJ Boy
Dungeons and Dragons SoM
Dungeons and Dragons ToD
E-Swat
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Final Fight CD
Final Fight One
Gaiapolis
Golden Axe Reveng of Death Adder
Growl
Hissatsu
King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Knights of Valour Seven Spirits
KoV
KoV 2
KoV 2 New Legend PGM2
KoV 2 The Nine Kingdoms
KoV 3 PGM2
KoV Plus
KoV Super Heroes
KoV Super Heroes Plus
Legend of the Silk Road
Light Bringer
Metamorphic Force
Michael Jackson Moonwalker
Nekketsu Oyako
Night Slashers
Ninja Baseball Batman
Oriental Legend
Oriental Legend
Oriental Legend 2 PGM2
Oriental Legend Super
Oriental Legend Super Special
Pirates of Dark Water
PuLiRuLa
River City Ransom
Robo Army
Rushing Beat
Rushing Beat Shura
Rushing Beat Ran
Sengoku
Sengoku 2
Sengoku 3
Slashout
Sonic Blastman
Sonic Blastman 2
Spawn
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
The Gladiator
The Punisher
The Simpsons Arcade
TMNT Hyperstone Heist
TMNT II
TMNT Turtles in Time
Undercover Cops
Vigilante
Warriors of Fate
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Up for this when it starts, but with time constraints, only solo for now.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

Bump club...in my world, that's a club for ladies that are expecting around the same time to learn about baby stuff...you expecting mjmjr25? :lol:

I'd be in, love beat 'em ups...solo due to time as per above poster.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I suck at beat 'em ups. And I love them. (it's just like me and shooters, all over again)

Solo, probably, would be my preference.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

3 for 3 on the solo vibe - so we'll go that route.

I'll update the OP and the game list tomorrow...
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I love beat 'em ups! I'm in like Flynn.

Edit: Why not one beat 'em up each month a la together retro and shmup o' the month club?

Regarding multiplayer: I love multiplayer beat 'em ups, but I don't think I have any reliable way to play online with my fellow racketeers. I may have to play solo out of necessity.
Last edited by samsonlonghair on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I feel like most beat em ups aren't auto or timed scrolling...are you sure that's a limit you want, Mike?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

dsheinem wrote:I feel like most beat em ups aren't auto or timed scrolling...are you sure that's a limit you want, Mike?

I'm working on a list of about 75 now and so far all of them are - I guess I would extend it to "enemies do not endlessly respawn" if the game does not auto or time scroll.

@Samson - by having 4 titles over 3 months it gives people a chance to source titles, move from one to another if they aren't feeling, or gives them ample time to get at something, particularly if they have a title they do want to explore - but for whatever reason don't get to it the first month, they can still dig in and there will be people in this thread talking about it.

Also - I don't want it to be a TR or SotM clone, it'll be it's own thing, with components of both of those though too. Hi-Score, number of credits to clear, secrets, combos, boss strategies, pathway strategies, and any other related discussion are welcome / wanted - so in that regard, a hybrid of TR and SotM. Discussion but also loose competition.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Beat 'em ups are my absolute favorite genre, and I love finding new ones that are good. I think 4 in 3 months is good, but if it evolves to 1 a month, that's cool, too.