Good AND easy beat'em ups

Brawlers and Beatemups
MyNameIsVince
64-bit

Re: Good AND easy beat'em ups

Post by MyNameIsVince »

My 2 cents on some of the TMNT ones in terms of difficulty:

Fall of the Foot Clan = easy. I beat it the same day I got it, which is something I hadn't done since 2 decades prior when I got The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse on Christmas Day and beat it later that day (on easy mode mind you). Still fun though.

Turtles in Time (SNES) = also easy, although you can adjust the difficulty. Even on hard mode it's not difficult, compared to say Final Fight on the SNES where if I have it on hard mode, my ass will get handed to me 6 ways to Sunday and back without flinching. Favorite beat em up of all time. Hands down.

Manhattan Project = definitely the most difficult one, although most of it is due to length. Holy shit is this game long for a beat em up. 2nd time I played through this, I game over'd at Level 6 and I was playing for over an hour when that happened (I can beat Turtles in Time typically in over half an hour). Oh and the game is not generous with the pizza power ups, unlike Turtles in Time. The first pizza power up you get in the game? After you beat the mid-boss in the 3rd level. Not the 1st level, nor the 2nd level, but the 3RD FUCKING LEVEL, and only after you BEAT THE MID-BOSS. I yelled out "REALLY?" when that happened to me the first time it happened. I then proceeded to punch my bed. I have not played the game since. Seriously.

BTW I say most difficult out of the beat em up ones, because I don't count the first one on NES since that one is more of an action platformer and it's brutal as hell.

The Arcade Game (NES) - not as difficult as Manhattan Project but still tougher than Turtles in Time. I have beaten it (with a cheat code), and without one, I still got to Kraid before I game over'd. Also in the middle in terms of length too. I got to near the end and it was over an hour (but not much more).

I'd say if you're looking for an easy beat em up, TMNT IV Turtles in Time (SNES) is a good place to start. I also heard the Power Rangers ones are fairly easy as well.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs: because you can tell it's going to be awesome just from the title.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

J T wrote:Cadillacs & Dinosaurs: because you can tell it's going to be awesome just from the title.

NECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK BREAKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET OFF ME!

I'm a bad mamba jamma
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

J T wrote:Cadillacs & Dinosaurs: because you can tell it's going to be awesome just from the title.

This game needs to be ported as bad as the arcade version of Alien Vs Predator, 2 arcade gems lost and the only way to play them is owning the actual arcade board or emulating.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Hazerd wrote:

This game needs to be ported as bad as the arcade version of Alien Vs Predator, 2 arcade gems lost and the only way to play them is owning the actual arcade board or emulating.

Armored Warriors as well.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

I just bought Armored Warriors and Aliens vs Predator CPS2 boards a couple months ago, def in my top arcade games right up there with TMNT and Simpsons.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Gunstar Green wrote:
Hazerd wrote:This game needs to be ported as bad as the arcade version of Alien Vs Predator, 2 arcade gems lost and the only way to play them is owning the actual arcade board or emulating.

Armored Warriors as well.

& Battle Circuit!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

Battletoads for NES.

I kid, I kid. That game is brutal.

Which system were you looking for games on? If you're a Playstation 3/Xbox 360 guy, I recommend X-Men. It's a port of the old X-Men Arcade game and it's pretty easy (and fun!) since you can just credit feed it (i.e. unlimited continues) and run through the game. Plus you can switch up your characters when you run out of lives.

Not to mention you'll get to hear the legendary dialogue in the game: "X-Chicken" and "Time to DIE" are classic insults that will haunt your dreams.
disorderlyvision
128-bit

Post by disorderlyvision »

Pirates Plundaaar on the Wii is a fun and easy beat em up
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Old thread, but I always thought the Dynasty Warriors series was easy and basically just a next-gen beat em up. I played the everliving CRAP out of 3/3xl.. have since went back to newer iterations and been like "Yep. Same game" and never gotten into them as much. But that first one we played, my best friend and I had to sink 100+ hours into it. Was our go-to game for an easy 6 months.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread