Brawlers and Beatemups
User avatar
cha cha
128-bit
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:36 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

by cha cha Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:13 am

I'm happy about Elena for sure. Decapre's design is kind of a cop out, but her moveset looks unique at least.

I will be getting the digital upgrade in June, as it is a necessity for competitive play. I eventually will pick up a physical copy once it's price drops, as it would just be a token copy for my physical collection.

I'm hoping for some nice balance changes. Hearing about the ability to pick ANY VERSION of a character really concerned me at first, but once I learned it was a separate mode I was relieved. This means it wouldn't be a tourney legal thing and more than likely a 'for fun' side tourney thing.
Last edited by cha cha on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: TTT2: Christie/PJack, Bob/Jinpachi, Raven/Zafina » SC5: Leixia, Tira, Aeon, Maxi » SF4: Elena, Rose, Cammy » GGAC+R: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF13: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS5: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
User avatar
TheRev
128-bit
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:41 pm
Location: North Scituate RI

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

by TheRev Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:58 am

In time you will learn to love Decapre. boring ass design yet but her move set basically makes her NINJA Cammy.
User avatar
cha cha
128-bit
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:36 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

by cha cha Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:17 am

Perhaps. I don't hate her now, I just think she is a boring character to look at. 'Alpha 3 Cammy with a mask' doesn't exactly make me squeal with excitement, especially since I already liked Cammy to begin with.

Of course this "beta build" of her looks OP as all hell too... High damage output, high health; high dmg DP, useful teleport with invincibility, cammy's footsies, a long range tech-crouching 2 hit mid, apparently a safe teleport into instant divekick, armor breaking Oni-ground pound.

Seems REALLY good. They will probably nerf some of that... or at least I hope they will. :lol: Capcom, it's always a coinflip there.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: TTT2: Christie/PJack, Bob/Jinpachi, Raven/Zafina » SC5: Leixia, Tira, Aeon, Maxi » SF4: Elena, Rose, Cammy » GGAC+R: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF13: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS5: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

by BogusMeatFactory Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:19 am

cha cha wrote:Perhaps. I don't hate her now, I just think she is a boring character to look at. 'Alpha 3 Cammy with a mask' doesn't exactly make me squeal with excitement, especially since I already liked Cammy to begin with.

Of course this "beta build" of her looks OP as all hell too... High damage output, high health; high dmg DP, useful teleport with invincibility, cammy's footsies, a long range tech-crouching 2 hit mid, apparently a safe teleport into instant divekick, armor breaking Oni-ground pound.

Seems REALLY good. They will probably nerf some of that... or at least I hope they will. :lol: Capcom, it's always a coinflip there.


I find that one or two of the new characters they roll out end up being incredibly overpowered and later nerfed
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
foxhound1022
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: The mean streets of SouthTown

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

by foxhound1022 Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:05 pm

I think Rolento is a nice addition. I've used him as one of my main characters since his introduction to the Alpha series.
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

by BogusMeatFactory Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:20 pm

foxhound1022 wrote:I think Rolento is a nice addition. I've used him as one of my main characters since his introduction to the Alpha series.


Rolento was beastly in the alpha series. A very good choice!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
foxhound1022
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: The mean streets of SouthTown

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

by foxhound1022 Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:24 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
foxhound1022 wrote:I think Rolento is a nice addition. I've used him as one of my main characters since his introduction to the Alpha series.


Rolento was beastly in the alpha series. A very good choice!


Oh, yeah. Once you get him down, his evasive abilities rival any of the speedy characters.
User avatar
marurun
Moderator
 
Posts: 9532
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

by marurun Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:05 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I find that one or two of the new characters they roll out end up being incredibly overpowered and later nerfed


From Cha Cha's description, sounds like it's pretty obvious she'll need nerfing, so why not strike early instead of waiting? Are they worried she wouldn't be popular without over-powering her, so they'll release her buffed and then nerf her once everyone is using her?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
User avatar
MrPopo
Moderator
 
Posts: 22727
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:01 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

by MrPopo Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:12 pm

To be fair to Decapre, when she was created as part of the Alpha 3 story she was Cammy with a mask. So yes, the decision to make her the doll they put in USF4 is a bit of laziness (texture and animation work rather than a new model), but on the other hand there's the potential for some interesting story there (Cammy is a female clone of Bison, so why is there a Cammy with mask who's supposed to be a kidnapped girl).
Image
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

by BogusMeatFactory Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:27 pm

marurun wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:I find that one or two of the new characters they roll out end up being incredibly overpowered and later nerfed


From Cha Cha's description, sounds like it's pretty obvious she'll need nerfing, so why not strike early instead of waiting? Are they worried she wouldn't be popular without over-powering her, so they'll release her buffed and then nerf her once everyone is using her?


I think that is exactly what they do, case in point Yun in Super Street Fighter IV: AE, which came out of the gate being hugely popular because of the benefits he had with the divekick, Genei Jin juggling, command grabs etc. and then they nerfed him much later to even him out.

I feel people salivate over roster, tiers and winning so when a character is OP people want to get the game to increase their chance at winning. I don't agree with that, but you know...I'm weird.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Return to Fighters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests