Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

Brawlers and Beatemups
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

Post by foxhound1022 »

I don't think it's weird.

People purposefully taking advantage of a flaw within the game simply to raise their rank/win % is a bitch move.
outlaw_moon
24-bit

Post by outlaw_moon »

Like many others here I am looking forward to playing with Decapre, her move list looks promissing. As long as it isn't more than $30 then it most likely will be a first day pick up for me. Otherwise, the AE version is more than enough for a little longer.
It's time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of gum.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

As predicted, after the wave of salty tears from Crapcom fanboys, they showed new "nerfed" footage of Decapre already.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/03/19/capcoms ... ighter-iv/

During the latest episode of Hagi Toko, Capcom’s Ryosuke Hagiwara provided another look at Ultra Street Fighter IV’s Decapre. While this broadcast took place shortly after she was revealed at Final Round XVII, they were apparently able to show off a build that was newer than the one used at the American tournament. As such, the Bison Doll is notably different than what we saw during the Final Round exhibition.

According to HuntedChimera, who’s provided a YouTube mirror for the Nico Nico video included below, Decpare has lost the ability to perform grounded spiral arrows, her teleports have been made easier to track, and she now has a MP-HP target combo, among other things, in this updated version.

So I am sure she (more so than others) will be thoroughly balanced vs the rest of the cast, since she probably now has the highest amount of scrutiny on her; and the last thing Capcom wants is the only new character in the game to instantly become a pariah.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

I just want Ultra Juri already, and stop poking and prodding her buffs, Capcom.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Yea, I feel the same way about Elena. They keep taking away a lot of really good things- little by little. She's already an uphill struggle vs grapplers and zoners, why take away her up close pressure tools?

Cap'huh'm?
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Got to play for a couple hours tonight, tried out most of the new cast (I didn't use Hugo or Decapre, as I don't like grapplers or charge) and ended up really liking Elana so far. Poison didn't feel like anything special, but Rolento seemed like he has a lot of potential.

I tried some online after I got a general feel for Elana, and was able to not get completely ran over. Her st.MP is like the best anti air I have used, it stuffs everything that was thrown at me. I had a Yang player that just didnt get it, and kept trying to dive kick me, and it stopped him every time. She has a ton of awesome pokes also, with some decent range. Excited to put some more time into her for sure.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

jay_red wrote:
I tried some online after I got a general feel for Elana, and was able to not get completely ran over. Her st.MP is like the best anti air I have used, it stuffs everything that was thrown at me. I had a Yang player that just didnt get it, and kept trying to dive kick me, and it stopped him every time. She has a ton of awesome pokes also, with some decent range. Excited to put some more time into her for sure.

Wait... your telling me that I'm not supposed to just jump in and Dive Kick....EVERY TIME!?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

DIVE....KICK!
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

You guys should participate in Fight Night tonight (sig)! Plenty of practice vs new characters!

Elena is fine for now, slower than I had hoped with a really floaty jump. But her EX Mallet Smash is AMAZING and really easy to loop off of.
They made Rhino Horn reallllly bad compared to how earlier builds had it (Ex final hit would hit crouching opponents). So now it is just a slow, seeable high that serves as a inconsistent situational mid screen anti-air or combo ender.

Elena, has the potential to be decent, but she doesn't have the strongest tools or speed to play footsies with the better characters in the cast. Her ranged moves are amazing (df.HK is SO good) but the rest of her "pokes" are slow and underpowered. Her target combos are baffling too. But anyways, there is still a lot to learn and after some time we'll really be able to see where Elena stands.

I hope better than what I suspect now (low-mid tier)

Also, I have liked Poison far more than I thought I would. Her fireball is an amazing zoning tool with a huge hurtbox and easy hit confirms into Ultra at jump in range.