Any Racketeers attending SCR 2014?

Brawlers and Beatemups
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Any Racketeers attending SCR 2014?

Post by CD AGES »

SoCal Regionals 2014, the biggest Fighting game tournament major in Southern California. Since the organizers have recently confirmed a BYOC Casual Area (aftr much requesting), I will be in attendance as a spectator, supporter, but more importantly putting my favorite console, the Dreamcast in the center of all competition with a few setups running some of the more popular fighting game ports known on the system. Here's info for anyone interested in the event.

http://www.socalregionals.com/?page_id=26
cha cha
128-bit

Re: Any Racketeers attending SCR 2014?

Post by cha cha »

I attended SCR several years back, it was very well run, gets a good mix of international competitors and has plenty of space for BYOC and such. Unfortunately it is a bit of hike for me, so I don't go unless I feel I have good chance in placing in one of the main events (typically I travel this way for SoulCalibur and Tekken, but they are kinda small events this year).

I'm not going to Evo this year for lack of games I play being featured and the event itself is being held off the Vegas strip (for the first time since they have been in Vegas).

Anyhoo, I would recommend this for anyone who even casually plays fighters. It's a great experience, you'll be able to watch some great matches in the top 32 for every game, learn a lot about the games and meet a ton of friendly knowledgeable FG players.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.