6th/7th Gen 2D Fighters

Brawlers and Beatemups
cha cha
128-bit

Re: 6th/7th Gen 2D Fighters

Post by cha cha »

You missed nothing "good"... but only by your standard for what "good" is, which is just short of just already denouncing 3/4 the good fighting games/franchises. :lol:

But the OP made it sound like that era didn't have many fighters at all, which is false, it had tons. Just most were auto-disqualified by your preferences. :cry:
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Which part, the no fan service, or the no DC remakes/compilations/downloads?

If the first one, then just consider it saying that it's a bit short on old-style fighters. I'm not a fan of anime-ization (sexualization/bishonization or whatever) of what used to be bad-ass games, not just fighters, but shmups, too. I know I'm in the super minority here, so I'm not really complaining or anything, just remarking.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

o.pwuaioc wrote:Which part, the no fan service, or the no DC remakes/compilations/downloads?

If the first one, then just consider it saying that it's a bit short on old-style fighters. I'm not a fan of anime-ization (sexualization/bishonization or whatever) of what used to be bad-ass games, not just fighters, but shmups, too. I know I'm in the super minority here, so I'm not really complaining or anything, just remarking.

Don't worry you're not the only one put off by the eclectic tastes of modern Japanese geek culture.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

You also said no 3D :roll:, and by 'animetization' I assume that also disqualified japan-only 2D games and most handheld fighters too since they weren't on 'mainstream' consoles for fighters.

But there were at least 50-70 fighters not even mentioned yet, and that isn't even counting sequels/updates of various titles. But are they worth mentioning? Or even taking the time to list, probably not.

You made the point kinda clear your last reply- Looking for anything good you may have missed? Probably not, because I don't think Shrek Super Slam or Bloody Roar 3 is really your style.

edit: can i also take this opportunity to state, i give no fucks about anime or fan service stuff? I can't even name an anime made past '00.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.