Racketeer Online FG matchfinder thread!

Brawlers and Beatemups
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: Racketeer Online FG matchfinder thread!

Post by foxhound1022 »

Yeah, I wish I could be a bit sneakier on the execution of those, but meh.

@TSTR - IDK why they didn't block those after getting hit like 3 times in a row.
I guess they were too worried about getting their momentum going. Then that random Yang got salty after I slammed him with my Zangief.

Is it just me, or does Rolento seem slower? I'm so used to his Alpha/CvS version; this one seems off for some reason.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Rolento is just plain bad. Poor damage, poor wake up options, poor up close options and really seeable mix ups/wall jump variations. Him and Elena (she may even be worse) need to be fixed asap, but I am afraid they are just gonna leave them by the wayside. You get wins with them only if you are- A) the better overall player, or B) the opponent is REALLY unfamiliar with their moves (which will wear off soon).

Any nights you guys feel like playing this week? I'm pretty open in the evening hours (sans tuesday). Up for USF4, TTT2, SC5 or VS. (God i wish KOF13 and GGAC+R didnt suck so bad online)
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Well that blows. Rolento is one of my better characters in Alpha, but this iteration is poop.

I've been trying to put some work into Gouken; we'll see how that turns out.
keogamer

Post by keogamer »

due to my ps3 on thr frix wont be able to play my console fighter but im up for pc game. Mainly the emulation netcod elike gppo/super/arclive.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

What games are you interested in playing on GGPO, keo?
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

cha cha wrote:Rolento is just plain bad. Poor damage, poor wake up options, poor up close options and really seeable mix ups/wall jump variations. Him and Elena (she may even be worse) need to be fixed asap, but I am afraid they are just gonna leave them by the wayside. You get wins with them only if you are- A) the better overall player, or B) the opponent is REALLY unfamiliar with their moves (which will wear off soon).

Any nights you guys feel like playing this week? I'm pretty open in the evening hours (sans tuesday). Up for USF4, TTT2, SC5 or VS. (God i wish KOF13 and GGAC+R didnt suck so bad online)

I would say that Rolento isn't horrible, but there are clearly better characters to choose. His complete lack of wakeups is his biggest flaw, and his EX Wall Jump is only useable as an escape from the corner and even then it isn't completely safe. His anti-airs aren't the best, but they aren't the worst. I am playing around with him for fun, because I like the character, but I will probably stick with a stronger character like Sakura or Akuma.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

You're only on PC, right Bogus? I heard netplay has been pretty horrible so far for Ultra. Care to give your thoughts there? I can probably play via a friend's account at some point soon if it's worth doing. If you and Noise have a set night to play, I can make an effort to be on.

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

cha cha wrote:You're only on PC, right Bogus? I heard netplay has been pretty horrible so far for Ultra. Care to give your thoughts there? I can probably play via a friend's account at some point soon if it's worth doing. If you and Noise have a set night to play, I can make an effort to be on.

It is only bad if you are playing randoms. The way they utilized steam's on-line infrastructure, it is really bad when it is searching for games. If you have private slots, things are fixed and if you are playing with friends on-line it is seamless. We haven't set up a time yet, but we will have to see!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
keogamer

Post by keogamer »

cha cha wrote:What games are you interested in playing on GGPO, keo?

Breakers revenge, Garou mark of the wolves, Fatal fury special, Night warriors Dark stalker revenge,SFa2, Last blade 2, and Samurai shodown 2 are my prefer games but I am up for any other games since we have the "unsupported" for the other games. (which fighter history dynamite had its room back)

I mostly prefer obscure and majority ofsnk fighters.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

@ keyo- cool, what is your GGPO name?

@ all- I'll be on late tonight like 10-11pm playing USF4 and TTT2. Lmk if you want some games.