Racketeer Online FG matchfinder thread!

Brawlers and Beatemups
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: Racketeer Weekly Fight Nights: Resurrection?

Post by CD AGES »

noiseredux wrote:
TSTR wrote:and my Steam collection of fighters is virtually non-existent (Divekick, anyone?).

I have Divekick and SFxT on Steam. I'd buy KOF13 or others if they went on sale - though I have most on PS3. I plan to buy Ultimate SF4 on Steam when it comes out, as I'd rather have it there than on a console.

You mean Ultra SF4?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CD AGES wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
TSTR wrote:and my Steam collection of fighters is virtually non-existent (Divekick, anyone?).

I have Divekick and SFxT on Steam. I'd buy KOF13 or others if they went on sale - though I have most on PS3. I plan to buy Ultimate SF4 on Steam when it comes out, as I'd rather have it there than on a console.

You mean Ultra SF4?

Yes. Ultra. Damn I've been full of typos this week. :\
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Well regarding the fight nights. I would love to join but can only participate in Tekken Tag 2 games via PsN (I dont have a ps3 but can play online via my cousins console and the only fighter they have at the moment). If anyone who doesn't own the game, Gamestop is selling any version of the game for only $15 new. An amazing deal imo.
Aramonde
128-bit

Post by Aramonde »

i'd be down if it was on PS3 and if it was on Saturday or Sunday and if i have the game :lol: .

The games i have are MK9, Injustice and SF4 AE. With practice i could get back to really good at MK9 and ok at Injustice. But even though i've been playing Street Fighter since i was a kid i suck at it. You guys would probably wipe the floor with me. :lol:

Do you guys think i would be better if i got a fight stick? I think the reason im good at MK on controller is because there inputs are like down back X, Instead of quarter circle forward X. I can do hadoken and Shoryukens on controllers but for ultra's and stuff it's tough. Like Guiles flash kick ultra is so fucking hard to do!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Aramonde on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

I mean an arcade stick won't "make" you better, but if you feel more comfortable on it, that is certainly an option for you.
Fighting games are all about practice, not peripherals (I play pad on some games, stick for others). Can't do a dragon punch? Can't do a combo? Can't do a super move? You go into practice mode and figure it out over and over again until you have it down pat, then test it out vs friends and hopefully other players around your skill level so you can really push the little new things you learn from practice vs each other every session, until you start remembering it and improving against each other x infinity.

FYI for some of you who only casually approached fighters in the past: Training modes are AMAZING in most games now. They are chalked full of interactive move lists, character tutorials, character trials with escalating difficulty, input recording/playback, defensive training, hitbox information, frame data, combo demonstrations... you name it, the training modes will really help you get the most out of your practice times these days. It's not just reading a move list off a piece of paper anymore :P

That being said, as much as I want this to feel like anyone can participate... if you are unfamiliar with the game or casual about it, just be prepared to get stomped on by others often, and keep the proper mentality of- "I'm still learning, having fun, a loss has a lot of information to offer me (most games have match replay features built in, especially online) and you will get better as long as you focus on learning what happened to you. ask people if you don't understand how it works and do your best to stop it from happening in rematches.

/peaching
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Alright assuming for the most part, we stick with PS3. Here is a list of games, I have to host on that system (ranked by netcode):

Soulcalibur 5 (best netcode out there)
Tekken Tag 2 (2nd best netcode out there)

Super Street Fighter 4: 2012 (acceptable)
DOA5U (acceptable)
Playstation ASB (acceptable)
Tekken Revolution (acceptable)

VF5:FS (mediocre)
P4A (mediocre)
BB:CP (and CSE) (mediocre)
UMVC3 (mediocre)
SFxT (mediocre)
Divekick (mediocre)
Injustice: GAU (mediocre)

KoF13 (poor)
Aquapazza (poor)
Skullgirls (poor)
JoJo: ASB (poor)
MK9 (poor)
Tekken 6 (poor)

So yea, this is a rough outline of the "consensus" the FGC at large typically considers these games. I am sure everyone's experiences vary from game to game, let's not squabble over it plz.
This is also the games that I have available. I am aware there are more PS3 online FGs available (that I just may not have) and if people want something I don't have listed, I am still all about setting it up with someone else hosting the lobby for that portion of it... and if the game is intriguing, I will buy it just to add to my pile of fighters :)

Is everyone okay with starting to work off this list? Or do you feel I made any egregious omissions?
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Street Fighter II HD? Street Fighter III OE?
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Ah see I forgot about 3S OE because I never bought it due to having 3 previous incarnations of 3S on console and the arcade board, and I have no real local scene to speak of in it. HD Remix I got on 360 and don't like it enough to bother with on PSN. If you wanna play that, you can for sure host the lobby that night :)

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm not the most dependable host these days :lol:

But there's lots of good stuff to work with already listed.

Oh - you forgot KOF12

kidding!
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I'd be willing to host HDR lobbies, if only just to add another game into the mix.