Brawlers and Beatemups
cha cha
128-bit

Racketeer Online FG matchfinder thread!

by cha cha Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:15 am

This thread has now shifted from a weekly meet-up for specific games, into a random nightly online matchfinder.

With the interest levels on these boards combined with the hectic schedules most interested parties do have, this makes the most sense. :wink:

So the format here can be simple:

Have a Fighting Game that you have been hankerin' to play with others that also has online capabilities/netplay features? Post up about it and see if anyone wants to play.

Just make sure you mention the game, what online service (PSN, XBL, Steam, GGPO etc.) you plan to play it on and what times/nights you are available.

You can also use this thread to talk about the games, discussion on the competitive aspects of them and/or post up vids of your matches for entertainment or comments/critiques.

Easy peasy.

If you are also interested, you can drop a pile of titles you are willing to play and advertise times you are on and what your online tags are, for the possibility of random invites and challenges.

Old format buried here 7/29/14:
Weekly Fight Night information: (updated 6/21)

Fight Night now occurs every Wednesday Night! Next Night up- 6/25/14

Times: 8pm EST- 12am EST (and on)

This Week's Game: SF3: 3SO

Current PSN Game Rotation List:
Ultra Street Fighter 4- 6/11, 1/18
3S- 6/25, 7/2
VS- 7/9, 7/16
HDR- 7/23, 7/30

and then right back to USF4 for it's "official" physical and steam PC release.

Upcoming rotation schedule:

Injustice- 3/12, 3/19
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike- 3/26, 4/2
Guilty Gear Accent Core +R- 4/9, 4/16
Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition ver. 21012- 4/23. 4/30
Tekken Tag Tournament 2- 5/7, 5/14
Vampire Savior- 5/21, 5/28
subject to change & more to come...

PSN ID for host lobby (send pm on PSN for invite): akazukin_cha_cha

Lobby name will typically be: 'Lobby 3' for SF4, Racketboy for 'nameable' lobbies

Our primary communication tool will be: http://webchat.gamesurge.net/?channels=RacketBoy
(This will allow you to communicate, see if there are changes happening after matches, talk shit or just update people on what is going on... aside from just chilling 8) however you may also just post in thread if that is somehow better for you )

We are currently set up to play a single FG for 2 weeks (2 complete Fight Nights), giving everyone a chance to get the game, practice it and prepare to throw down before the next Fight Night.

On game night- Feel free to send friend requests early, and I will add you for ease of invite spamming from the game lobby. We will try to have the Lobby stay private and around 4-8 players, depending on interest each night.

There you guys have it, we have a game list, we have a schedule and now it is up to the community to get off their butts and come out and do battle in some of their favorite fighting games or try new ones with everyone else!

Post your PSN ids up and I will add you to my friend list, feel free to make suggestions for future games and talk about any Fighting Games you currently play online. I want this to be the one shop stop for everyone's online FG needs! (aka- Use this thread as a matchfinder thread for ANY fighting game you feel like playing @ any times, aside from what is on the 'official' rotation!)

If you ever want to get practice in with another player before a Fight Night or... Get VENGEANCE from a previous night (aka- the Salty Runback) :twisted:, please just post up and on any given night you may find quite a few responses.

Official List of Racketboy participants both past and present:
coming soon... :mrgreen:
Last edited by cha cha on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 43 times in total.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Racketeer Weekly Fight Nights: Resurrection?

by noiseredux Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:20 am

dood, a lot of us had a total blast doing this back when. I personally got kind of tired of trying to run it though. YOU def seem like the type that would stay motivated though. So yeah, good luck bud. I'd certainly try to participate as much as I could.

Are you aiming specifically at PSN or, are you trying to set it up to have various games going on PSN, XBLA and Steam all on the same night?
SpoonyBard
128-bit

by SpoonyBard Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:23 am

I've got a handful of fighters for the PS3 that don't get enough love. I'd be in for any Tuesday where one of those pop up.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:22 pm

I'd be down for this.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Pending schedules I can play
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:02 pm

I would be down, but I am only interested in certain games. Namely, BlazBlue, Street Fighter, and JoJo.

I think the reasons it hasn't worked in the past is because the thread runners get bored/sick of it, and many of the regulars here that are interested have busy schedules and its hard to all meet regularly at the same time every week. Not sure if that hurdle can really ever be cleared, no matter how potentially interested everyone is.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:28 pm

I only have Ultimate MVC3, but i would enjoy being beaten up by you guys since i suck at the game.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
cha cha
128-bit

by cha cha Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:43 am

Alright, it's good to see we'd have at least some weekly interest.

Now to get a system down that works for everyone...

How about this?

Every week starting after the night of the last Fight Night, I put up a list of 5 games (and systems) and a date/time we plan on playing them. From these 5 games we will rotate each game the next Fight Night if we get 3 or more players to commit to playing it that night. (the number of players required for a game to be chosen can increase or decrease depending on how interesting/popular the games turn out to be after awhile).
Then I make up a game rotation schedule for the next scheduled Fight Night.

So an example would be:

The list for next week is-

Tekken Tag 2 (360/PS3/Wii U)
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3)
Super Street Fighter 4: 2012 (360/PS3/PC)
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (PS3/360)
Injustice:Gods Among Us (PS3/360/Vita/Wii U)

We'd then have people volunteer for each game and choose system(s) they are able to play it on. So if we get 3 people for Tekken Tag 2, and 2 have 360 and 1 has PS3, 360 will win out for the night and we'll play on that, and so on. Tiebreakers for even number of participants (over 4 total) will be- we split playing the game on each system that night.

If there are weeks, like holidays, finals, spring break etc. That we don't get enough players, I will pick some games and open the lobby to random online players, for anyone to join at will, so anyone who is interested doesn't waste their time just playing 1 other guy over and over.

If we have enough interest after a few weeks of trying this, I will start to stream/capture the matches and post the links here.

How does this sound for the interested parties?
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:48 am

Yeah, this was a ton of fun. I know Sevin will be in - if you can get a good number, like 5-6 then it's nice...more than that and the wait is too long though, but you want to have enough where if you need to skip a round to get stuff done at home, it doesn't affect the flow.

I'd suggest listing all possible games you are looking at now - i've only got about half the games that have been mentioned so far so would want some time to acquire the others.

I'd also suggest dedicating to one platform. I don't think most people want to own the same titles across 3 platforms...or maybe I should say, I know I dont' want to own the same title on 3 platforms.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:11 pm

I will only be able to play on PS3 or Steam, as I don't have XBLA Gold anymore.
Return to Fighters